PDA

View Full Version : Bikram Yoga

Twoboos
05-16-2011, 09:18 AM
A few months ago I got a Groupon for 10 sessions for $20 to a local place.

I am going today for the first time. I checked out the poses online. <gulp> I don't know which is going to kill me: the poses, the heat, or 90 minutes of it all!! (Or the giggling at guys in speedos, yes I am sooooo mature when it comes to that.)

Got my mat, my towel, my cold water. I've done lots of yoga before so I don't know why this one makes me so nervous!! Could be b/c I haven't worked out in a long, long time (think months), and that I haven't done yoga in even longer.

Here's to trying something new and hopefully loving it!

SnuggleBuggles
05-16-2011, 09:59 AM
Enjoy!! I only did it once and I felt really good afterwards!

Beth

Twoboos
05-16-2011, 08:09 PM
Ok, I did it! It was *HOT* which I know is the point, but MAN, it's really hot!

I was able to keep up for the whole class. There was one pose that cracked me up (Eagle?). You're supposed to cross one leg over the other and keep it there as you crouch down balancing on one foot. But by this point, I was sooooo sweaty - I'm talking buckets - my foot just kept slipping off my other leg.

I feel... I don't know what. Weird. Limber? Stretched? Honestly I can't decide if I liked it or not! Plus the instructor was yelling the whole time, I don't know if this is the norm. Not the usual calm relaxing class.

I definitely need a second towel and two waters next time.

infomama
05-16-2011, 08:59 PM
Yelling is not part of the dill-eo. Good for you for sticking it out!!! Let us know how you feel in the AM....drink lots of water.