PDA

View Full Version : Stupid Medical Billing Dept

BabbyO
05-17-2011, 10:54 AM
A. Why do I have to get multiple bills every month with the same due date? I know there are 3 family members...but do we each have to get a separate bill? So now I have to send in 3 separate checks...

B. Now that you've made me send in 3 separate checks...could you PRETTY PLEASE not screw up and apply them to the wrong account, then issue me a refund...followed by another bill for something I ALREADY PAID!

I even wrote the bill/account numbers on the checks like you asked...could you follow your own rules...I am.

I know this is petty, but I had to call...and get it all ironed out...and send in another check. I don't have time for this. Oh, and gee, thanks for not giving me a late fee when I already paid the bill on time once!

MSWR0319
05-17-2011, 07:27 PM
This is annoying as all get out. I had the same thing happen to me. It's like we should get paid for doing their job and figuring out which check goes where when we followed all of their rules! I eventually got our three accounts combined. Any chance you could do that?

BabbyO
05-18-2011, 01:37 PM
This is annoying as all get out. I had the same thing happen to me. It's like we should get paid for doing their job and figuring out which check goes where when we followed all of their rules! I eventually got our three accounts combined. Any chance you could do that?

What I can't understand is the checks came in separate envelopes with separate remittance copies AND I had the bill/acct number on the check. And then I was told they are supposed to check all accounts in a family before issuing a refund...well they clearly didn't do that either.

I SO wish they'd combine our accounts, but they won't.

Although I guess this is better than when DH and I had separate insurance (it was cheaper that way before kids) and every time one of us would go have an appt they'd change the insurance for both of us. So first they'd put us both under DH, then they'd put us both under me...our claims were constantly being denied, resubmitted...etc. And we wonder why medical fees are SO outrageous...they have to pay for incompetent billing dept's. (Sorry if anyone here works in medical billing...I'm sure your dept isn't as screwy as ours!)