PDA

View Full Version : Where do you buy socks for your dc?

ahrimie
05-17-2011, 11:54 AM
Looking for ankle socks for the summer. We've tried ON but they're really thick. Gymbo stretch out really weird. And we have some other cheap ankle socks that were thin but no idea where mil bought them. DD has really sweaty feet so they get dirty easily. The ON ones are the most durable but just too thick, especially for the summers.

Where do you buy yours?

SnuggleBuggles
05-17-2011, 12:08 PM
TCP and Target (Hanes).

Beth

lmwbasye
05-17-2011, 12:09 PM
We're looking too. I've tried TCP and they're nice but really thick too. Looking for some thinner ones.

DebbieJ
05-17-2011, 12:11 PM
I just bought some last night at Kohls.

HIU8
05-17-2011, 12:30 PM
TCP has nice ankle socks. They are stretchy also.

lizzywednesday
05-17-2011, 12:55 PM
We just bought Circo ankle socks from Target because the ON triple-roll ones I bought DD in the wintertime look stupid with shorts.

My sister buys Hanes for my nephew, also at Target.

We both like the ON socks for the winter, though.

jse107
05-17-2011, 12:55 PM
Target. The Gold Toe brand that is either pink or blue on the bottom.

citymama
05-17-2011, 01:35 PM
I love TCP socks for bigger kids and Hanna best baby socks for littles!

DietCokeLover
05-17-2011, 01:54 PM
We get ours mostly from ON and Target.

Melanie
05-17-2011, 02:05 PM
I don't like ankle socks, but in general we love the socks from H&M and when we can't get those then Stride Rite (outlet for us). The last time I gave in and got Target socks for Ds they unraveled awfully. Total waste of money.

peanut520
05-17-2011, 05:03 PM
For now dd (2) wears socks from tcp and gap, but will go to costco socks when she can fit them because all the nieces wear them and they are thin and hold up.

jvs195
05-17-2011, 07:45 PM
TCP (especially when they are $1 aND I have a coupon) are equivalent to ON IMO. Nordstrom has the best socks (no seam, thin for summer), but they are pricey.

DrSally
05-17-2011, 10:35 PM
I've never looked at the socks from H&M, I'll have to check those out. The ones I've gotten that I like are from Kohls (come in a mulit-pack).

ahrimie
05-18-2011, 05:47 PM
Target. The Gold Toe brand that is either pink or blue on the bottom.

Ok, I picked up two small packs of this today because we happened to be at Target today. They had a "thin" version so we'll see. Goodness, we were at Target for nearly 2 hours today, which included a potty/poo session for DD and sitdown snack time :P

catsnkid
05-18-2011, 09:01 PM
I have been happy with old navy, sonoma brand from kohls, I just bought a pack of the hanes ones at target, so far happy with them. Not to keen on most of the gymbo ones, TCP are pretty good. I have also bought a few packs of carters socks @ bj's, I have been happier with the bigger sizes.

Gracemom
05-26-2011, 10:08 AM
I came here to post about socks too! My kids have huge feet (just like their mama). My 8 year old DD wears size 4 shoes, and my 4 year old DS wears size 2 already! Both wide. They do not like socks that are thick (Hanes are out), nor ones that are too tight, especially at the cuff. They must stretch a lot to be easy to put on, and must be durable. Am I asking too much???? My DS is so hard on things, he put holes in his Gymboree socks. We like the Goldtoe ones for durability, but I think they shrink and get hard to put on. Any other ideas? I think I may need to go with adult sizes for my DD. At least summer is coming and we can wear sandals for a while. Thanks!