PDA

View Full Version : Sleeping in the swing

jmestyle
05-17-2011, 12:33 PM
I'm still having sleep issues with my 4mo old and last night allowed him to sleep in the cradle swing. I did the whole bedtime routine and had him asleep in crib at 7pm.At 10pm he was up (just like every other night) and he won't go back down to sleep in crib.I needed to get some sleep so I put him in the cradle swing and he slept from 10:30-6:30!
Is it okay to do this?I will continue trying to get him to stay in the crib

Dream
05-17-2011, 12:48 PM
DD1 was a terrible sleeper, the crib was actually a waste of money with her. I remember that when ever she fell asleep in the swing I just let her be. She's slept in the swing for hours at a stretch during the day and night.

Technically I don't know whether its ok or not but I've done it and will probably do it again if DD2 needed it.

HIU8
05-17-2011, 01:06 PM
DD slept in our take along swing (as the ONLY place she would actually sleep longer than 2 hour stretches for a LONG time). I felt bad and did a HUGE amount of tummy time b/c of it. She grew out of it (around 6 months I think).

LadyPeter
05-28-2011, 11:01 AM
We had this same issue with DS until he was about 4 months old. Reflux was his problem, and the Fisher Price Rock and Play sleeper SAVED OUR LIVES. It allowed him to sleep semi-upright, close to us. He loathed the Arm's Reach cosleeper and the crib.

MoJo
05-29-2011, 09:28 PM
Just wanted to add another BTDT. It didn't last long, and it didn't seem to negatively impact DD in any way. I think the "official" answer is you're not supposed to use the swing anywhere near that much. And normally, I didn't. Occasionally, I did.