PDA

View Full Version : Shoe sizing up question

peanut520
05-17-2011, 04:47 PM
Okay I'm going to sound ridiculous, but I am stumped on what size shoe buy dd (2). She wears a 7 now so will she need a size 7.5 when she out grows these or need an 8? For some reason i keeping think that she will be a size 7.5 when she out grows the 7 so i should buy size 8 so she has room to grow in them. There are some good deals on amazon right now and I like to have a few pairs of sneakers around for her. I think i am confusioning myself. Thanks!

jvs195
05-17-2011, 07:43 PM
I totally depends on how your DC's foot grows. I had one summer where DS grew 3 sizes in 2 months. I do not buy ahead much anymore.

I think the 1/2 sizes have less growth in them than the whole sizes (if the manufacturer only makes full sizes) If you are good about measuring foot regularly you should be fine, but you never know. I only order from places I can return (endless) and not amazon (I have 2 pair NIB I bought ahead and the sizes were not as they said - European sizes and turned out smaller than the advertised)

peanut520
05-17-2011, 08:58 PM
Thanks that is good to know that it can be spurts. Ive been really lucky and been able to buy ahead. I will stick to buying at nordstroms* for their great return policy.

LMPC
05-17-2011, 10:54 PM
I buy ahead for shoes that can be worn across seasons (so NOT sandals :tongue5:). I buy whole sizes mostly but I think it would work different ways since DD wears shoes as she grows into them. A few times a year, I take her to a very nice locally owned shoe store and have her feet measured. I buy some of her shoes from them. When she measures a 6 (for example) they put her in a 7. Using that logic, when she's a 7, she'll be ready for the 8's I bought her. I really hate paying full price, and this way has worked well for me. I have only not gotten my money out of a few pair of shoes...and those I consigned to offset the loss (which was minimal).

peanut520
05-18-2011, 09:50 PM
I'm with you, I hate paying full price. I have been using something close to your logic and seem to have been working. I usually try stick with buying sneakers ahead because she can wear them any season.