PDA

View Full Version : Tell me about Polly Pocket

KrisM
05-19-2011, 07:13 PM
DD has asked for these for years. I know she plays with them at her friends house. I figure it's time to let her get some of her own now :). Does she just need a couple dolls with clothes and accessories? Or does she need a house, car, boat, etc?

Twoboos
05-19-2011, 07:35 PM
It really depends on how much stuff you want around the house, lol!

We have a couple of dolls/clothes only. We have so many other things (houses, cars, etc.) I didn't feel we needed more. But let's be clear, I am mean about this stuff. ;)

Be warned, the clothes rip and the shoes/accessories are tiny and easily lost/vaccumed.

WatchingThemGrow
05-19-2011, 07:46 PM
We got some stuff 2nd hand and I tossed it all in one of those scrapbook containers. I think there are about 10 dolls and a bunch of accessories. DD has limited access to it (quiet time only) because the stuff gets all over the floor. We put it on the train table for a bit and stuck the whole thing in her room. That was great, but a huge eyesore.

I fear more will come in at her upcoming b'day party. Some of our girls have broken their heads off.

KrisM
05-19-2011, 07:48 PM
The whole little pieces, mess thing is why we don't have any. But, she has the mini princesses and plays with those all the time, so I think she'll really like these. Good thing I don't need more houses!

Twoboos
05-19-2011, 08:05 PM
Some of our girls have broken their heads off.

Oh yes, some of ours were decapitated as well! :ROTFLMAO:

nfowife
05-19-2011, 08:10 PM
I'll tell you about Polly Pockets. Tons of miniscule pieces, clothes are hard to get on for little hands, and you will lose pieces all over your house if you are not very vigilant about keeping them together. DO NOT make a big investment in polly pockets!

Can you tell these drive me crazy??

bubbaray
05-19-2011, 08:19 PM
My BFF (who had a boy, 30 yrs ago!) gave my girls a Polly Pocket raceway. It is hilarious -- they go to the mall parkade and there is a kiosk that shoots shopping bags onto the car. LOL. DD#1 got another set as a b-day present too.

The pieces are insanely small. I don't like them much and neither do the girls. They prefer the mini Princesses. Which I don't like much either. Ariel looks REALLY weird without her hair. LOL

Maxlee
05-21-2011, 10:48 AM
My girls LOVE Polly pockets and play with them all the time

AnnieW625
05-23-2011, 05:38 PM
I have no current experience with them but I don't like the look of them nearly as much as I did 17 or so years ago when my little sister had them. I would love to get some for DD1, but I am going to have to hold off for a few more years because DD2 is always putting things in her mouth and they are really small.

maiaann
05-24-2011, 12:38 AM
I'll tell you about Polly Pockets. Tons of miniscule pieces, clothes are hard to get on for little hands, and you will lose pieces all over your house if you are not very vigilant about keeping them together. DO NOT make a big investment in polly pockets!

Can you tell these drive me crazy??

My feelings exactly. I personally hate Polly. They border on junk - poor quality, bitty pieces everywhere. Ugh. But the girls - they love Polly! My 9 year old has yet to outgrow them, my 4 year old has been playing with them for about 2 years now, and my 22 month old is starting to show an interest. They play with them non-stop. Just watch your step - the pieces will be underfoot. Sigh...

Seitvonzu
05-24-2011, 09:29 AM
my mother got lu & my neice polly's last october to keep them occupied while we ate dinner at a nicer restaurant for her 60th birthday party. the girls LOVED them, even though they couldn't really get the clothes on independently (they were both 2 years old at the time). since the "real polly" entered the house we've amassed a HUGE princess "polly" collection. (we call all the dress up tiny dolls "pollys" -- most are disney princesses, but we do have 2 real pollys and an angelina ballerina that is similar-- they can all pretty much wear all the clothes) these get multiple time a day play at our house. the first thing my child wants to do when she wakes up is "play with my pollys" ;)

the last time we checked we're missing a shirt and a skirt? and maybe a polly shoe? they always seem to turn up. we do have 3 belles due to hubby "losing" chip (not sure on that) and because there was one with a green dress that my child HAD TO HAVE (it was a birthday exchange , so i was okay with it)... is it out of hand? i'm sure ;) but she REALLY REALLY loves them...and we don't have any babies around here!

KrisM
06-03-2011, 04:38 PM
Well, she's had them for about 4 hours now and already one body is broken. She is not hard on toys at all, but was taking a shirt off one and the torso came off and the legs seperated.

I hope we don't go through them this quickly. She was having a lot of fun before that. I'm a bit bummed on the quality.