PDA

View Full Version : Updated- So annoyed with DH's Ex!

love_a_latte
05-20-2011, 11:15 AM
Actually, annoyed might be to weak of a word for how I am feeling right now.

ladysoapmaker
05-20-2011, 11:29 AM
*HUGS*

I totally understand. My DH's ex left the state for close to 6 months last year and the way the custody agreement is written you leave the state you lose all rights to your child. And of course we didn't have the money to take her to court. I am dreading this summer. DS#1 is taking phys ed during the summer (so he can graduate on time and take all the STEM classes he wants so he gets college credit) and won't be able to spend as much time with her like he normally would. So it will be interesting to see what happens.

All I can say is insist that anything she wants to do with/for him must be on her time. When DS#1 did summer camp last year it was on our time because we were the ones who set it up. If DH's ex had set up anything like that (not that she will) we would have insisted it would be on her time.

Good Luck (ad sorry about the hijack)
Jen

love_a_latte
05-20-2011, 04:53 PM
All I can say is insist that anything she wants to do with/for him must be on her time. When DS#1 did summer camp last year it was on our time because we were the ones who set it up. If DH's ex had set up anything like that (not that she will) we would have insisted it would be on her time.

Good Luck (ad sorry about the hijack)
Jen

All the things he wants to do this summer are things that he wants to do for himself. It bugs me that there is this assumption that DH and I should be the only ones to loose time, instead of just letting the chips fall where they may.

(and you weren't hijacking, it's kinda comforting to hear that other people have to deal with the same stuff)

love_a_latte
05-27-2011, 05:22 PM
So, I was right :(

Yet again, ACK!!!

Cam&Clay
05-27-2011, 05:59 PM
How old is DSS? My XH and I live 10 minutes from each other and since DS1 has gotten older, our visitation schedule has kind of fallen apart. I have physical custody but he just goes wherever in the summers now. If XH plans a vacation, he goes with him and vice versa. DS1 is way too busy to still be following an exact visitation schedule. I'm surprised XW still insists on it if he's older now and has his own plans, especially since she lives in the same town.

How does DSS feel about all of this? Does he mind packing up and living with her for so many weeks in the summer when she lives nearby?

love_a_latte
05-27-2011, 06:51 PM
He is pretty free to go where he wants during the day, be it hanging out with friends or at his moms house. We mostly stick with the schedule for where he ends up at night, although there are always exceptions. We would be looser with the schedule, but Dh's ex really sticks to it, so we have followed suite. He has stuff at both places, and is old enough to head over to the other house to get anything he forgot/wants. Our houses are about a mile apart, so it is pretty easy to go back and forth.

I just talked to DH and it sounds like things are going to be easier then I thought to figure out, so yay!