PDA

View Full Version : Cleaning Routine

pepa
05-21-2011, 01:20 AM
Im going CRAZY it seems that the only thing I do its cleaning, cooking, feeding, sweeping, moping repeat... before DD, we use to do a deep clean ones a week, generally was sunday morning and maintained it through out the week.
Now with DD its seems that I cannot get into a functional routine, I go to my friends houses and all of them they are just shining and screaming organization
I go back to my house and its just, oh no! start all over again

I need advice

KrisM
05-21-2011, 07:38 AM
Have you heard of FlyLady (http://www.flylady.net/)? She has a system for cleaning in not a lot of time. A lot of people use it and like it.

I liked the book Sidetracked Home Executives (http://www.amazon.com/Sidetracked-Home-Executives-TM-Paradise/dp/0446677671/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1305977642&sr=8-1)and their system. It's similiar to FlyLady, but uses index cards to label chores for daily, weekly, etc.

Another list is Motivated Moms (http://motivatedmoms.com/). You can print out a ready made list of things to do daily.

In any case, I think the key is having a schedule for keeping up with things. I'm not overly good at it either :). But, every night, my kitchen is clean. Dishes are clean and put away (or in the dishwasher). Counters are wiped down. Toys in the family room get picked up daily. I have learned some systems that work really well for me and others I still need work on. I have found that most days I can have someone drop in and not be embarrassed about the house. And, for having a party or playdate, I can get it 'guest ready' in under an hour, including cleaning the floors, etc.

kristac
05-21-2011, 08:44 AM
Someone else had posted an easy list awhile back that I try to use:

If you want something really detailed that will make sure everything gets done and nothing is left out, check out FlyLady, and the section on Zone cleaning. Just don't sign up for the emails (print it out instead). I think that if you read the book it's way easier to understand.

If you want something simple, here's mine copied & pasted from another post awhile back:
My Daily 3:
Dishes done
One load of laundry washed and put away
Beds made

Weekly Routine:
Mon: Dust & clean glass
Tues: Vacuum & mop main level
Wed: Vacuum & mop top level
Thurs: Clean bathrooms
Fri: Change bedsheets

Other things just go with the flow such as if there are toys on the floor--pick them up, after cooking a meal--wipe off the counter tops and the dining table. Basically just clean up after yourself as you go; these things I don't bother writing down on my schedule.

If you need a glance at a daily routine of when to fit the chores in, let me know.

pepa
05-22-2011, 04:52 PM
Thanks so much for the ideas I think i will have to do a list of task to do each day, instead of trying to do everything at the same time, which is not working.
Iam definitely checking that book, I like the FlyLady website I had no idea that they even have websites like that, Thanks again