PDA

View Full Version : a laugh or a bitch depending on the mood...

mctlaw
05-21-2011, 10:56 PM
I've been doing very little cooking since the house was listed for sale, because, well, frankly I'm too lazy to clean up. After a trip to Trader Joe's and the farmer's market this AM, I got inspired to cook for me and DS (DH has already relocated for his job so we are alone)

First, I ruined the salmon by overcooking it (I HATE overcooked salmon and DS does too apparently). I was thinking the evening would be salvaged with an Ina Garten recipe for fingerling potatoes which I modified a bit.

DS took one bite of the potatoes, and said "I hope I cook better than this when I grow up" :irked:

I shared the story w/ DH over the phone after DS bedtime and he thought it was hilarious. Now that I'm past the ruined meal (though I have yet to clean up) I am starting to chuckle a little bit too!

DrSally
05-21-2011, 11:43 PM
Yeah, I guess you could laugh or cry, depending on your mood/energy level. I'm terrified of overcooking salmon. I suppose that's why I never cook it, but I really should!

arivecchi
05-22-2011, 08:49 AM
Kudos for trying! I am sticking to the crock pot for now!

momm
05-22-2011, 08:50 AM
Aww! I'm sorry! Even the best cooks have mishaps sometimes!

golightly1118
05-22-2011, 11:44 PM
Yup, kudos for trying! Don't worry, screwing up food happens to the best of us. Witness my pathetic attempt at Irish soda bread this St. Patty's day-aka a gluey mess with raisins. This wouldn't be so bad, except that I was a pastry chef in my pre-baby life...

ABO Mama
05-23-2011, 12:56 AM
Awesome! You will have your own personal chef in the future!