PDA

View Full Version : I. Have. Had. It.

JoyNChrist
05-22-2011, 01:16 PM
If one more sh!tty thing happens, I am going to absolutely lose my mind.

Just a sampler from the past week:

- I put the babies in daycare 2 days a week so I could get a break and get stuff done. They've been sick every single week because the daycare doesn't enforce its sick policy and there are always kids there with fevers and green snot and coughing their heads off. I understand that people have to work, but seriously, don't send your sick kid to daycare! I've spent a fortune at the doctor over the past few weeks.

- Consequently, we're quitting daycare next week. There goes my break.

- I've had an earache and been unable to hear out of my right eat for a couple weeks. Even after spending $400 at the ENT, it's not better.

- DH and I had arranged for MIL to keep the kids last night so we could have a much needed date. We scheduled with her over a week ago. She called at 4:30 yesterday afternoon to tell us that BIL and his wife were fighting, so she was going to take their kids home instead to give them some time alone. This is not the first time something like this has happened.

- I crashed the hard drive on my Mac. Almost everything was backed up, so it's not a major disaster, but I didn't need the headache or the expense right now.

- My mom can never help when we call, even though I'm her only child, she's not married, and she works a regular 40 hour week and has no other responsibilities. And even though I help her all the freaking time.

- Because of recent medical bills and some other unexpected expenses we had to let our cleaning lady go. Wasn't a huge deal because I had the two days the babies were in daycare to catch up, but now I imagine it'll be a disaster.

- I broke my very favorite (and ridiculously expensive) camera lens yesterday.

I just want to cry. Or drink. Or run away. Or all three.

This too shall pass, I know. It's just been a whole bunch of yuck all piled together lately.

DietCokeLover
05-22-2011, 01:19 PM
I'm so sorry. That is a lot to take all at once. Hope things get better for you soon.

larig
05-22-2011, 01:44 PM
That's a lot of bad stuff at once. As they say, when it rains it poors--it always does for us anyway. Hopefully you'll have a run of good luck that rivals this run of bad. At least get yourself a bigger harddrive out of it! Sorry about the lens too.

lmwbasye
05-22-2011, 01:48 PM
Sending big hugs. Hoping things turn around soon.

momm
05-22-2011, 02:17 PM
I'm so sorry. That was a ****ty week.
Hope the coming week is much, much, much better

alexmommy
05-22-2011, 03:19 PM
:hug: I hope this week goes much, much better for you.

Ceepa
05-22-2011, 03:46 PM
Wow. What a super sucky time you're having. I hope things get better for you and the babies feel well soon.

g-mama
05-22-2011, 04:29 PM
You've got a lot to deal with. I'm sorry things are so rough, but know that they will get better. Sending positive thoughts your way. Hang in there, mama. :hug:

hellokitty
05-22-2011, 04:43 PM
I'm I hope things turn around for you soon. I just got over a really crappy wk, so I understand how frustrating it is.

hillview
05-22-2011, 06:07 PM
Hugs sorry to hear about the week -- hope it gets better soon!
/hillary

JBaxter
05-22-2011, 06:26 PM
HUGS! hey summer is coming is there a teenager you could hire to come in say 3 days a week?
Sucks about your camera lens Ive been following your pics and they are really nice ;)

Puddy73
05-22-2011, 06:34 PM
Big hugs! Hope things get better for you soon. I second the idea of trying to find a "mother's helper" this summer. It might not get you much alone time, but at least she could play with DC or fold laundry and give you a mini break.

kedss
05-22-2011, 07:04 PM
hugs, sweetie, hope things get better soon

bnme
05-22-2011, 07:13 PM
Ugh! Major hugs headed your way! This week can only be better. Maybe you ca find another daycare situation, or even someone to come to your house. I know, probably less of a break, but maybe better then nothing.

:hug::hug::hug::hug::hug:

elephantmeg
05-22-2011, 07:37 PM
I am so, so, sorry! Can you look for a smaller daycare for the twins? Even one day a week? Sending PT your way for a better week!

DrSally
05-22-2011, 10:05 PM
I'm so sorry! That really is a sh#tload of stuff to handle. I hope it gets MUCH, much better this week.

MamaSnoo
05-22-2011, 10:10 PM
I am so sorry...:54: Here's to a better week this week!

golightly1118
05-22-2011, 11:40 PM
Wow, what a week. Major hugs, and I hope things turn around soon!