PDA

View Full Version : Flanimals Pop Up book $3.29 was $20 (very cool, watch the video)

Jo..
05-22-2011, 02:38 PM
Free ship with Prime. I got one and am considering going back for more to supplement birthday gifts (when the big gift is quite big enough)

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0763647810/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?ie=UTF8&m=ATVPDKIKX0DER

mom2mack&max
05-22-2011, 03:52 PM
Thanks picked one up for my kids and two for bday closet

mypa
05-22-2011, 06:01 PM
Thanks, got one! Kids really enjoy pop-up books.

danagee
05-22-2011, 06:17 PM
Awesome! My kids will love this and the price is so good that I can get each kid their own book!
Thanks Jo!

ang79
05-22-2011, 06:24 PM
I was interested in picking this up, who doesn't love a good pop-up book? But I was reading some reviews and several parents felt this was not appropriate for younger children due to content and certain usage of words. Just a heads up, not trying to step on any toes!

bandgsmama
05-23-2011, 09:18 AM
jo, thanks for this great deal. i ordered 2! has anyone read them before?

melonkelli
05-23-2011, 09:26 AM
Thanks, Jo!

hellokitty
05-23-2011, 12:23 PM
Thanks! I got one for my kids and one for our gift closet.

lucybabymamma
05-23-2011, 01:10 PM
Just FYI, one of the reviews on amazon mentioned it:
" mocks God who is referred to as Glob. Those who believe in God are labeled 'mental.' "

Wasn't sure about buying this book as a gift after reading that....

Jo..
05-23-2011, 02:13 PM
" mocks God who is referred to as Glob. Those who believe in God are labeled 'mental.' "

Hmm, okay, that explains it being three dollars. :ROTFLMAO: I'll have to explain to my kids that the author was just being silly. Hopefully they won't read too much into it.

mom2mack&max
05-23-2011, 04:27 PM
guess I will be returning the ones I bought for gifts! Don't want to offend anyone.

Pinky
05-23-2011, 06:37 PM
guess I will be returning the ones I bought for gifts! Don't want to offend anyone.

According to the reviews there is a quote about God and creation in the beginning that could be offensive to some... I typically don't let things like that bug me but to keep from offending anyone else that might see it, I suppose you could just put a funny sticker or something over that part. LOL This looks like a cute book.

ang79
05-23-2011, 07:02 PM

Yeah, I read that in several reviews, which is why I skipped this purchase.

Jo..
05-23-2011, 07:12 PM
Ours came today. The pop ups are super cool and the kids like playing with them. The binding is poor and the spine ripped the second time I opened the book.

The page in question reads:

Flanimal Evolution

Fossil evidence shows that Flanimals evolved over millions of years. From lowly Splorn, which mutated in different ways, came the vast Flanimal kingdom we see today. One Flanimal thought that a weird creature called Grob, who lives in the sky, made all the Flanimals in one day. Mental!

I guess I will be giving my spare books to my aetheist or agnostic friends, or those who kind of shrug things like that off. Or,religious people who I want to piss off. :ROTFLMAO:

Like I said, the pop ups are cute.