PDA

View Full Version : Stage 2 Formula?

pepa
05-22-2011, 07:22 PM
Did anybody switch to stage 2 Formula? My DD is very low on weight, she is in the 5% now, she is going to be a year next week. I dont know if I should switch to milk or formula stage 2 -for the vitamins&calories-, any recommendations? I dont know how to up her calorie intake, she really eats very little. I keep serving 3 times a day, but she only has 1/2 oz of food at a time. I tried feeding her more frequently, but does not an option with her.

lhafer
05-22-2011, 07:46 PM
I did stage 2 with my DD1 for quite a while (til 18-20 months or so) as she was tiny (and still is...34lbs at 5 yrs old fully clothed).

I am doing stage 2 now with DD2 who is 15 months old today!! She is more of a normal weight, and she only takes about 6-10oz of formula/day. The rest of the time I give her whole milk in a sippy cup - at meals and snacks. And offer water the rest of the time.

I'm not of the mind set that 12 months old is some magical number where they are totally ready to be off of bottles. All kids are different. If you feel like she's small - then continue with the bottles for a few more months. If your pediatrician isn't worried about her weight, I wouldn't worry too much about her intake.

My DD1 (the petite one) is the pickiest eater ever - and always has been. She never eats much at one sitting. She's a snacker.

pepa
05-24-2011, 12:47 PM
Great Thanks! Does your DD2 eats regularly how much she eats, mine barely eats and Im not sure if she will be getting all the nutrients and vitamins that she needs for the day through her meals and milk