PDA

View Full Version : Need bra recommendations

happy2bamom
05-23-2011, 01:06 PM
I tried to do a search and didn't see anything on this subject. I need a new bra. Comfort is my priority. I also need underwire for support. I'm looking for a functional bra, nothing too fancy. The current main purpose is for our upcoming trip to Disney so I'll be walking a lot and sweating too. Not sure if it matters, but I'm a 36 C.

Thanks!

mackmama
05-23-2011, 01:42 PM
I cannot recommend the Spanx Bra-llelujah bra enough. It is the most comfortable bra I have ever found, hands down. It is pricey but so worth it. I have since bought 2 more and only wear them. I personally like the non-padded one.
http://www.spanx.com/family/index.jsp?categoryId=11308596&cp=2992555

ashleybama24
05-23-2011, 01:56 PM
There have been a ton of posts recently in Mom Wear on the subject. Do you need a regular bra or nursing bra? The best thing I can recommend, especially post children and/or breastfeeding is to go get measured. Nordstrom's does a really great job and have a huge selection of bras. In fact I got a phone call today that their Women's Half Yearly Sale just started and tons of bras are on sale. Nordstrom Rack is another place once you discover your size to find some deals.

Personally I really like Cosabella, Wacoal, and Chantelle especially for larger cup sizes.

rlu
05-23-2011, 02:05 PM
I like the Freya balcony bras - pricey but supportive and comfortable. They are my "all-day" bras and I get them at Nordstrom (or the Rack if I'm lucky).

OT- i thought the Nordstrom sale starts 5/25, must investigate.

ashleybama24
05-23-2011, 02:12 PM
I like the Freya balcony bras - pricey but supportive and comfortable. They are my "all-day" bras and I get them at Nordstrom (or the Rack if I'm lucky).

OT- i thought the Nordstrom sale starts 5/25, must investigate.

:yeahthat: Freya is also a great bra!

You're right...the sale starts Wednesday. I know for the Anniversary Sale card holders can shop early so maybe they know what will be on sale and you can have it pulled and set aside and sent to you?

wendibird22
05-23-2011, 02:37 PM
I swear by Wacoal.
I'm wearing this one (http://www.amazon.com/Wacoal-Womens-Coverage-Underwire-Black/dp/B0012HGPIQ/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1306175750&sr=8-1) and could live in it it's so comfortable. I'm a 32DD and find it supportive, pretty, and breathable. Oh and despite it being very lacey it doesn't show through my clothes.

SnuggleBuggles
05-23-2011, 03:27 PM
My size too and I have a 2 pack of Maidenform ones that I grabbed on a whim at Coscto and they've been great!

Beth