PDA

View Full Version : What are the odds?

BabbyO
05-23-2011, 06:28 PM
Ok, not really a bitch...but not really sure where else this would go.

So Saturday DH, DS and I were out rummage sale-ing. We were at the second house and I tripped on the curb, fell to the ground and scraped up my knees and elbow. About 5 hrs later my ankle started throbbing (didn't hurt at all until then) and a trip to urgent care proved I had sprained my right ankle.

This is mostly annoying because I'm 23 wks preg and crutches suck when your pg....and my work laptop never plays nice when I'm trying to work from home.

Anyway, after figuring out schedules/driving etc with DH and the sitter things seemed to be ironed out and I'll probably be back at work Wed.

So, we just got a phone call. The sitter was going to drop DS off this afternoon (she's the best) after taking her daughter to work at the library. Guess what? As she was leaving the library with my DS she tripped and (most likely) sprained her ankle. She's off to Urgent care.

How bizarre is that? I just hope she's ok and recovers as quickly as I seem to be.

ThreeofUs
05-23-2011, 07:23 PM
Wow. So sorry you're on crutches! Hope you feel better soon.

hillview
05-23-2011, 08:24 PM
Egads -- hope your luck turns around!
/hillary

misshollygolightly
05-23-2011, 11:02 PM
Wow, what a bad week! Sending you and your nanny lots of fast healing vibes!

BabbyO
05-26-2011, 02:22 PM
Thanks, everyone. I'm (more or less) back on my feet. The sitter, unfortunately had a worse sprain that I did. Thankfully we were able to work things out with a friends daughter who just got home from college, so she's watching DS for us while the sitter is healing this week.

SO weird.

Melaine
05-26-2011, 02:50 PM
That is totally bizarre! I hope both injuries heal quickly!

SammyeGail
05-26-2011, 03:01 PM
Totally weird! Hope you're both recovering nicely. The post reminds me of one of my HS friends who worked at a video store. They had a customer who was always nasty to them. One days she was leaving and my friend's co-worker said 'I hope she trips on the curb!'. Right after it came out of her mouth the lady did fall on the curb! The co-worker felt so awful. Poor girl, can't believe she said that and then the lady did fall! She felt like she put a curse on the lady :ROTFLMAO:.

Take care of yourself!

BabbyO
05-27-2011, 02:53 PM
Totally weird! Hope you're both recovering nicely. The post reminds me of one of my HS friends who worked at a video store. They had a customer who was always nasty to them. One days she was leaving and my friend's co-worker said 'I hope she trips on the curb!'. Right after it came out of her mouth the lady did fall on the curb! The co-worker felt so awful. Poor girl, can't believe she said that and then the lady did fall! She felt like she put a curse on the lady :ROTFLMAO:.

Take care of yourself!

DH says I cursed the sitter because she and I are often on the same wave length. We'll ask about the same things concerning something going on with DS, I'll know to send extra clothes, food, diapers, something without her asking, etc. This FREAKS DH out. She and I even used to be on the same cycle (when we were in plays together)...