PDA

View Full Version : Pampers Really Are Comfortable . . . And I know this how?

sste
05-24-2011, 12:36 PM
Move day is tomorrow. Packed up the bathroom on Sunday except for toothbrushes. Unexpectedly got my period late last night. All tampons, pads, etc. packed. Used the tampons from my purse last night. Now wearing a size 4 pampers baby dry until I can get to work/CVS after the delivery person comes in an hour.

I have to say, pampers are insanely comfortable and cushy. More comfortable than a pad. I think it is the gel technology. I am just worried about it falling out before I get to the tampax machine at work . . .

BabyBearsMom
05-24-2011, 12:37 PM
:hysterical::hysterical: That is hysterical!

arivecchi
05-24-2011, 12:39 PM
:hysterical::rotflmao::hysterical:

Good to hear they are cushy and comfy since that is what we use.

smiles33
05-24-2011, 12:40 PM
OMG! You rock it, girl! :jammin:

twowhat?
05-24-2011, 12:50 PM
This is just awesome beyond words.

weech
05-24-2011, 12:52 PM

:yeahthat: Totally made my day.

hellokitty
05-24-2011, 12:54 PM
Haha! I read the title of this thread and just KNEW I had to open it. :) Glad that your pampers can play double duty! :bighand:

citymama
05-24-2011, 12:54 PM
OMG!!! :rotflmao:
Good to know they're comfy - but were these DryMax or not?

TwoBees
05-24-2011, 01:01 PM
:hysterical:

I have to know, do these have DryMax? If so, you MUST give us your feedback.

HIU8
05-24-2011, 01:06 PM
Thank you. This made my day (and I needed it).

:hysterical:

elektra
05-24-2011, 01:12 PM
OMG, way to make it work.

mommylamb
05-24-2011, 01:16 PM
:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical: That is so funny! You are very resourceful!

WatchingThemGrow
05-24-2011, 01:46 PM
I'm just impressed you can fit in a size 4.

ahrimie
05-24-2011, 01:48 PM
Love it, love it!!! :)

elbenn
05-24-2011, 02:06 PM
Your post made me laugh!

♥ms.pacman♥
05-24-2011, 02:10 PM
I'm just impressed you can fit in a size 4.

:yeahthat:

My 23lb ds barely fits into a 4!

misshollygolightly
05-24-2011, 02:19 PM
Best post of the day! :hysterical:

niccig
05-24-2011, 02:27 PM
I have to ask...do you have bubble butt?
I do credit your creativity though.

sste
05-24-2011, 02:29 PM
Citymama, SO GLAD I did not buy drymax (the pampers baby dry don't have it)!

Other posters I don't, uh, exactly fit in the size four - - it was more like a very large pad. This prevented the bubble butt - - it was more like bubble crotch. Just when the delivery man had thought he'd seen it all . . .

However, we should all rest assured that our babies are in a very comfy set-up in these dipes. I will let you all know should the occasion call for me to test drive huggies. :)

At work now. Oh, merciful tampax dispenser!

gatorsmom
05-24-2011, 04:16 PM
Hmmm... I might have to switch. Always Maxis just aren't doing it for me these days.

:D

Melaine
05-24-2011, 04:18 PM
Best post of the day! :hysterical:

Possibly the month!!!:rotflmao:

karstmama
05-24-2011, 05:49 PM
well, i can report on huggies!

i dive, and use a drysuit. to pee, i shave & glue on a reservoir with a tube to the outside world (a 'she-p' - look them up if you'd like to know more!)

anyway, they aren't always 100%, so i also use a huggies like a pad. works wonderfully.

way to be resourceful, op!

happymom
05-24-2011, 06:02 PM
:hysterical: I think we have a future nominee for best threads of 2011!

catpagmo
05-24-2011, 06:07 PM
OMG, so funny! Nice problem-solving!

ThreeofUs
05-24-2011, 06:11 PM
Nonononono! Blueberry tea all. OVER. my. keyboard.

and up my nose.

Man, that was funny!

niccig
05-24-2011, 06:19 PM
well, i can report on huggies!

i dive, and use a drysuit. to pee, i shave & glue on a reservoir with a tube to the outside world (a 'she-p' - look them up if you'd like to know more!)

anyway, they aren't always 100%, so i also use a huggies like a pad. works wonderfully.

way to be resourceful, op!

I dive too, drysuit as well, and I never thought of this. Most of my dives though are about an hour, and I'm always dying to use the restroom once I get back on board. I'm not a tech diver though, so not spending as long underwater. Mmm, will have to think about this. Would have to have my dry suit retrofitted for the outlet - how does water not get back in?

YouAreTheFocus
05-24-2011, 06:25 PM
At the hospital here the Mamas "wear" NB pampers along with their newborns :)

The nurses slit the lining open just under the waistband, and fill the dipe with crushed ice. I have very fond memories of the nurse handing me a "freshly filled" diaper to put on, LOL! Ahh, sweet relief!

karstmama
05-24-2011, 06:37 PM
nicci, a p-valve has a one-way valve, either a diaphragm or a bolt. it's an easy mod to a drysuit. if you have a trilam, you can cut or burn the hole, and if you have a neo make sure you crush the area first with some washers so it will be as flat as possible and not get flatter & leak around the valve. feel free to pm me to chat about it! are you on scubaboard? there are *lots* of folks from cali on who could probably help you in person.

niccig
05-24-2011, 06:48 PM
nicci, a p-valve has a one-way valve, either a diaphragm or a bolt. it's an easy mod to a drysuit. if you have a trilam, you can cut or burn the hole, and if you have a neo make sure you crush the area first with some washers so it will be as flat as possible and not get flatter & leak around the valve. feel free to pm me to chat about it! are you on scubaboard? there are *lots* of folks from cali on who could probably help you in person.

Thanks. I'm sure the dive shop we use to repair our gear will know how. He does tech diving for camera work on movie shoots, so I'm sure he'll have the male version of this.

I should say I used to dive. Since DS, I don't go very often. I'm trying to get DH to go more often, as he misses it more than me. I always got so damn cold. Part of the problem is that our dive group fell apart and DH's picky about who he dives with and the boats he goes out on. He's an assistant instructor, so can dive with anyone, but all our old group were really experienced, good divers (most were dive masters or instructors) and we all liked to do the same kind of diving you know. I know he can find a new group, but he's just not putting himself out there to do that. I did pick up a dive buddy for him at the park one day - another dad I saw there several times put together day dive trips, but they go out on the super crowded boats, which DH doesn't like, and then he moved away. DH did go with him a couple of times.

We've taught DS how to snorkel though...so there's hope we'll got back in the water eventually.

elizabethkott
05-24-2011, 06:50 PM
OMG, this is HYSTERICAL!!!!!
I have also found that they are excellent for mopping up dog puke in the back seat during a long drive, and if you ever need to clean up a spilled gallon of orange juice (the ENTIRE gallon...) nothing is more absorbent!!! :D

Globetrotter
05-24-2011, 07:40 PM
That is a brilliant example of thinking outside the diaper box!! :bowdown:

DietCokeLover
05-24-2011, 08:36 PM
This may be the funniest post I have ever read on here.

happymom
05-24-2011, 08:52 PM
that is a brilliant example of thinking outside the diaper box!! :bowdown:

:rotflmao::rotflmao:

alexmommy
05-24-2011, 10:00 PM
:hysterical: I'll remember that if I'm ever in a similar situation. Now someone should test the other brands and come up with a study...

DrSally
05-24-2011, 10:06 PM
:yeahthat: :bighand::rotflmao:

DrSally
05-24-2011, 10:08 PM
Hmmm... I might have to switch. Always Maxis just aren't doing it for me these days.

:D

I know, it's making those OB Ultra's look puney by comparison!

firemama
05-24-2011, 11:27 PM
Citymama, SO GLAD I did not buy drymax (the pampers baby dry don't have it)!

Other posters I don't, uh, exactly fit in the size four - - it was more like a very large pad. This prevented the bubble butt - - it was more like bubble crotch. Just when the delivery man had thought he'd seen it all . . .

However, we should all rest assured that our babies are in a very comfy set-up in these dipes. I will let you all know should the occasion call for me to test drive huggies. :)

At work now. Oh, merciful tampax dispenser!

This is hilarious! Totally made my day!

blue
05-25-2011, 12:01 AM
I Love ingenuity! :thumbsup:...... and also :ROTFLMAO:

bubbaray
05-25-2011, 12:09 AM
You ladies are hilarious!

MMMommy
05-25-2011, 01:00 AM
Too funny! I've thought about wearing a Depend for long drives to Tahoe during ski season when the weather is bad and the traffic is bumper to bumper. One time, I had to go so badly that I whipped out the portable, kiddie Ikea toilet and used it in the passenger seat while stuck in snowy traffic. My head was to the ceiling of the car as I was propped up on it. I had a big blanket to cover my body.
:bag

momm
05-25-2011, 08:06 AM
Oh my God you ladies are too funny. And so resourceful!!!

:bowdown:

TwoBees
05-25-2011, 08:12 AM
OMG, this is HYSTERICAL!!!!!
I have also found that they are excellent for mopping up dog puke in the back seat during a long drive, and if you ever need to clean up a spilled gallon of orange juice (the ENTIRE gallon...) nothing is more absorbent!!! :D

I'm thinking I Need to throw more spare dipes in the car...for more than just DD!

WolfpackMom
05-25-2011, 09:17 AM
This.is.awesome! You all are too funny!

brittone2
05-25-2011, 09:24 AM
:rotflmao: Too funny!

WHen I delivered DS1 at the hospital, they brought me an "ice diaper" afterward, and wow, did I love it LOL. Best thing ever at the time!

karstmama
05-25-2011, 09:29 AM
my bff used to have a bf who's a long distance truck driver. she also is gifted with a bladder the size of a kidney bean. so every time they'd stop, she'd get a large drink cup & lid and partly fill it with clumping kitty litter. then if she had to go, she'd go in the cup & put the lid on & put it in a walmart bag and dump it the next time they stopped.

ingenious!

twowhat?
05-25-2011, 10:29 AM
my bff used to have a bf who's a long distance truck driver. she also is gifted with a bladder the size of a kidney bean. so every time they'd stop, she'd get a large drink cup & lid and partly fill it with clumping kitty litter. then if she had to go, she'd go in the cup & put the lid on & put it in a walmart bag and dump it the next time they stopped.

ingenious!

Whoa. That IS ingenius. Tucking away this idea for when we do a long car trip...

alien_host
05-25-2011, 01:19 PM
:hysterical: OMG this thread is hilarious! Very resourceful indeed!