PDA

View Full Version : Admission/Annual Pass Discounts?

lmr1101
05-24-2011, 06:58 PM
My parents live in San Diego and are talking about taking my dd to Disneyland a few times in the next year. She'll be 3 during the time they want to take her.
I'm wondering where to start to find the best deals.
They would really like to get annual passes.
We have the annual pass for Sea World. I know it's totally different, but we bought it during a promotion where we paid for one year and go the second year free.
Are there ever any deals on disney annual passes? Either for S. Cal residents or out of state (since I would probably want to buy the pass as well and live in AZ).

Thanks for helping this Disney newbie out :)

AnnieW625
05-25-2011, 12:30 PM
There are no discounts unless you get an annual pass unless you live in Southern California (use this link) (http://disneyland.disney.go.com/tickets/southern-california/). If they can go during the week the best option for them is the Southern California Select Pass, I believe it's about $184 per person. If they want to go on Sundays too then they can get the Southern California Pass, which is $239. Those two passes aren't good for out of state residents though, but if they took your daughter with them they could probably get her a pass at the same time using their address. I guess you or your DH could look at getting passes and using your parents address too, but I know if you walk up to the counter they want a proof of California residency. If you live out of state you can only get the Deluxe ($300) or Premium passes ($450).

We figure that we have to go at least 5 to 6 times a year for our passes to be worth it, you have to go three times a year to pay for a SoCal pass, and a So Cal Select pass or just twice if you plan on buying park hopper tickets.

jbbhb
05-25-2011, 12:34 PM
I think you can buy a so cal pass if you just list your parents address. My sister did that with my address and it worked fine :)

sariana
05-25-2011, 12:41 PM
If they really want to go only a "few" times, they may want to consider the 4-day pass from Costco. Right now they are selling one that expires at the end of August, but they probably will get another one. Last summer we bought one that was good until this May (May 31, 2011). The days do not have to be used consecutively. The passes say they must be signed and ID will be checked, but no one made us sign ours or ever checked our ID. We went 2 days in a row last August, once in December, and once in April.

Each pass is $200 but includes a $50 Disney gift card. We used the GCs for parking and food. They also can be used at Disney stores (at the mall, e.g.). So it works out to about $33/day/person. There is no separate pass for a child, though. The price is the same.

lmr1101
05-25-2011, 04:50 PM
I figured there wouldn't be any great deals like the Sea World one we got last year.
I looked into the So Cal passes and there are so many black out dates when my dd would be visiting them they probably won't be the best options.

Thanks for the tip from Costco. As long as they don't have to be used 4 days in a row I think that would work out best for them (and us too!)

Great advice as usual from everyone on the boards :)

kbud
05-25-2011, 09:21 PM
Can't speak to DL but DW is very strict on residency. You must show a valid FL driver's license for each adult. My mom owns a condo here but doesn't have residency. She had utility bills and the deed to her condo in FL but since she didn't have a FL license she was not able to get the FL residence pass.

sariana
05-25-2011, 11:59 PM
Can't speak to DL but DW is very strict on residency. You must show a valid FL driver's license for each adult. My mom owns a condo here but doesn't have residency. She had utility bills and the deed to her condo in FL but since she didn't have a FL license she was not able to get the FL residence pass.

:confused:What if you don't drive?!? I wonder if they would accept military orders? Servicemembers often keep their "address of record" even when they otherwise are residents of the state (for training, for example).

OP, the Costco passes for DL do have a residency requirement, but San Diego would do it. If you choose to go that route, be sure to read the fine print. There ARE blackout days, but IME there are not nearly as many as on the season passes.

kbud
05-27-2011, 05:16 PM
:confused:What if you don't drive?!? I wonder if they would accept military orders? Servicemembers often keep their "address of record" even when they otherwise are residents of the state (for training, for example).

OP, the Costco passes for DL do have a residency requirement, but San Diego would do it. If you choose to go that route, be sure to read the fine print. There ARE blackout days, but IME there are not nearly as many as on the season passes.

A FL ID would work if you don't drive but they won't issue a FL ID until you surrender your previous state's ID or license. My mom tried to get a FL ID. I believe college students and active duty military might be a bit different. Those didn't apply to her though.