PDA

View Full Version : Razor Cruiser Scooter

toby
05-24-2011, 09:34 PM
DS has been using the wide, 2-wheel Radio Flyer scooter which has been great. He is ready for a step-up and I was going to get the basic Razor (A line), but Toys R Us is having a sale on the Razor Cruiser ($49.99) and it looks like it might be a lot more stable (bigger wheels and wider board).

Is anyone familiar with this one?

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2934992

Jen841
05-24-2011, 10:16 PM
We have 2, my younger son started using his brother's at 3 so we bought another. WAY better than the ones their friends have. People always love playing with them at our house.

mommytoC
05-24-2011, 10:24 PM
DD#1 has the A3, which has larger wheels than the A (120 mm vs. 98 mm), though not as big as the Cruiser's (140 mm). Larger wheels definitely make for a smoother ride. I bought ours for $35 on amazon.com, but would have bought the Cruiser instead for that price. Plus, the weight limit's a bit higher (175#
vs. 143#), which would have allowed me to ride, too!

toby
05-25-2011, 07:18 AM
Thank you! I am wondering if DS will let me "share" (probably not, even though I am the one who is buying it!)

katydid1971
05-25-2011, 11:35 AM
I bought it for DS last year for his 5th birthday. He really didn't take to it but I love it and ride it all the time. I got DS the Maxi Kick from the Gilt deal earlier this month and I hope its more successful for him. I love the Razor Cruiser so I don't feel it was a waste of money..FWIW I got it from Walmart with free ship to store it was the best deal I could find for it last year.
http://www.walmart.com/ip/Razor-Cruiser-Scooter-Malibu/10929206

mommytoC
05-25-2011, 01:16 PM
I bought it for DS last year for his 5th birthday. He really didn't take to it but I love it and ride it all the time. I got DS the Maxi Kick from the Gilt deal earlier this month and I hope its more successful for him.

Sarah, if your DS doesn't like his Maxi Kick, hopefully your DD will. We bought the A3 for DD#1 this April, followed by a Mini Kick for DD#2 (who didn't see any reason she couldn't ride the A3, too :eek:) DD#2 loves riding her "scoot-scoot", chasing after big sis!

jerigirl
06-04-2011, 01:57 PM
Amazon has the wood and the metal platform options on the Cruiser. Any opinions on which one is better?

MizMojoLaveau
06-08-2011, 02:25 PM
We have had the wood platform one about a year and a half and it has held up well. It has not been left out in the rain, though (but we live in a very humid climate).

katydid1971
06-08-2011, 05:05 PM
Sarah, if your DS doesn't like his Maxi Kick, hopefully your DD will. We bought the A3 for DD#1 this April, followed by a Mini Kick for DD#2 (who didn't see any reason she couldn't ride the A3, too :eek:) DD#2 loves riding her "scoot-scoot", chasing after big sis!
DS has had the maxi kick for 2 weeks now and LOVE LOVE LOVE it!!! he want to be on it all the time. It took him no time to figure it out. He had the razor for a year and never really liked . Like I said before it works out fine because I take the Razor and he the Maxi Kick and we go for rides around the neighborhood.

FWIW I didn't buy the Maxi Kick for a long time because it was so expensive but now I see it is truly worth it. (once again BBB was right)

toby
06-09-2011, 10:35 AM
Update to say that we LOVE the Razor Cruiser. I highly recommend it...especially if it is on sale!