PDA

View Full Version : Sharing a room

lalasmama
05-25-2011, 01:16 AM
I shared a room for exactly 3 weeks growing up (one short-term foster placement, who was my best friend in 6th grade).... So, I have no experience sharing a room. However, DD's having her room invaded this summer, or by fall at the latest, with her new foster sister.

Here's my stupid questions off the top of my head:

How do kids of very different ages share a room? The girls will likely be about 7 years apart. I plan to have baby play in the living room more often, and let DD baby-gate their room, so that Squinkies and Legos aren't baby's first solids :)

I would love DD and FD (foster daughter) to have similar bedding. However, DD's is fuschia, white, and teal paisley. But I haven't seen anything like this. Any ideas? I can't even find solid crib bedding in the above, to mix-n-match.

Assuming baby isn't sleeping through the night, do most older sibs just learn to sleep through the baby's hollering? I'm trying to figure this out, since, as a foster child, the baby isn't supposed to sleep in my bedroom. However, we got around this when DD was young, by sleeping out in the living room, one on the couch, one on the loveseat. I'm not opposed to sleeping in the living room with a baby in the pack-n-play if necessary, but would like to get to sleep in my bed sometimes, which would mean a baby in a crib....

Help! I feel like a first time parent all over again! :ROTFLMAO:

elephantmeg
05-28-2011, 02:41 AM
mine are a lot closer in age but yes sharing works for us. Put the baby closer to the door so you can scoop her up when she cries. DS really never woke up when the baby cried. CIO was the hardest part but even that went OK.

No idea about the crib bedding though :)