PDA

View Full Version : Biggest Loser Finale (spoilers--don't open if you haven't watched yet)

DebbieJ
05-25-2011, 09:53 AM
Did you watch? What did you think? Did you vote for Jay or Irene?

DebbieJ
05-25-2011, 09:53 AM
For starters, I was SOOOOO upset not to see Rulon there! I didn't realize that because of his leaving vs being eliminated, that he wouldn't be part of the finale.

SnuggleBuggles
05-25-2011, 10:00 AM
We forgot to record it and tuned in for the final 3. Who won the at home?

I was rooting for Hannah but no matter what I think she gas a bright future ahead of her

Beth

DebbieJ
05-25-2011, 10:09 AM
Deni, Sarah's mom, won the at home. She looked great! She is a mom to EIGHT kids!!!!

Q and his wife didn't do too well (compared to the others)--can't say I'm surprised. He had such an attitude and she just seemed to follow him around.

tarahsolazy
05-25-2011, 10:39 AM
The scuttlebutt on the internet is that Rulon was acutally disqualified from the competition, he didn't really just 'leave' of his own accord. Apparently he was making unsanctioned phone calls home, which is against the rules.

I also thought Q and Larimaly (whose name is SOO misspelled) really did poorly compared to everyone else.

Kaylee, though weighed MORE at the finale than she did when she left the ranch. I don't see her staying thin.

DebbieJ
05-25-2011, 11:02 AM
The scuttlebutt on the internet is that Rulon was acutally disqualified from the competition, he didn't really just 'leave' of his own accord. Apparently he was making unsanctioned phone calls home, which is against the rules.

I also thought Q and Larimaly (whose name is SOO misspelled) really did poorly compared to everyone else.

Kaylee, though weighed MORE at the finale than she did when she left the ranch. I don't see her staying thin.

I thought so. I had to rewind on some of the footage they were showing of Olivia and Hannah and look at Kaylee. I noticed she looked a little thicker when she was up on the scale, but I didn't have the numbers.

jellibeans
05-25-2011, 11:16 AM
I felt bad for Irene standing up there next to Hannah and Olivia because H&O look like models!!! Maybe too skinny at 128 for their heights but I can't believe how much weight they lost!

ilfaith
05-25-2011, 01:21 PM
I do find it interesting that Olivia, who has apparently struggled with infertility (much was made of her desire to have children), dieted down to a BMI of just 19...actually lower than the recommended pre-pregnancy BMI range of 20-25.

I find Anna Kournikova to be an unusual choice to become Jillian's successor. I'm not sure of what qualifies her to be a trainer, and considering that she made the newly slim Olivia and Hannah appear chunky in comparison, I wonder whether she's an ideal role model for fitness.

Lastly, I hated the fact that the show came to such an abrupt end. What's the point of waiting until literally the last seconds of the show to reveal the winner. I think it would have been nice to at least get some more of Olivia's reaction.

DebbieJ
05-25-2011, 01:35 PM
Lastly, I hated the fact that the show came to such an abrupt end. What's the point of waiting until literally the last seconds of the show to reveal the winner. I think it would have been nice to at least get some more of Olivia's reaction.

It's because they do the show live and if they fall behind at all, the only way to cut time is to shorten the ending.

rachelh
05-25-2011, 04:24 PM
I do find it interesting that Olivia, who has apparently struggled with infertility (much was made of her desire to have children), dieted down to a BMI of just 19...actually lower than the recommended pre-pregnancy BMI range of 20-25.

I find Anna Kournikova to be an unusual choice to become Jillian's successor. I'm not sure of what qualifies her to be a trainer, and considering that she made the newly slim Olivia and Hannah appear chunky in comparison, I wonder whether she's an ideal role model for fitness.

Totally agree with what you said about Anna Kournikova. She does not look healthy to me! I also could not stand how she looked in the dress/heels - to me it was way too short and made her look gaunt.

crayonblue
05-25-2011, 05:07 PM

When I got pregnant with DD, my BMI was 19. I never heard that 20-25 was recommended. I was really comfortable in my body with a BMI of 19.

kijip
05-25-2011, 06:41 PM
I always wonder how it could possibly be healthy to lose weight that fast.