PDA

View Full Version : Washable stair treads?

BabyH
05-25-2011, 12:06 PM
Has anyone used anything like these?

http://www.solutions.com/jump.jsp?itemType=PRODUCT&itemID=14573

DH and I think they look ok in the picture, but I'm just wondering if they will look really cheap... or tacky. I know we could buy, try and return if they don't appeal to us, but I thought I'd ask.

Right now our hardwood stairs are just that. And so when the dogs run down them like a Nascar track, they are very loud. And when DS learns to walk, obviously having a runner or treads (provided they stay in place or we nail down) would help him out.

Pinky
05-25-2011, 02:24 PM
I didn't even know they made this sort of thing. Our elderly dog slips on our stairs all the time and I think this would help him out quite a bit... not to mention when our DD gets old enough to go up and down by herself.

They look like regular rugs with that non-slip backing on it... my dogs are so wild on the steps I think they'd knock them off but I suppose it couldn't hurt to give them a try. With my rugs like that I just toss them in the washer and they're good as new.

firemama
05-25-2011, 04:00 PM
No BTDT experience, we have carpeted stairs. But these look great! I have never heard of these either, but they are a great concept. If I had the need for them, I would def try them out! I love that they are washable.

BabyH
05-25-2011, 07:18 PM
I didn't even know they made this sort of thing. Our elderly dog slips on our stairs all the time and I think this would help him out quite a bit... not to mention when our DD gets old enough to go up and down by herself.

They look like regular rugs with that non-slip backing on it... my dogs are so wild on the steps I think they'd knock them off but I suppose it couldn't hurt to give them a try. With my rugs like that I just toss them in the washer and they're good as new.

I think they look great too, I'm just worried that the non slip backing would wear out.... but I guess if I wanted to nail them down we could always do that... Hmmmm. Our dogs are so wild too, it sounds like a herd of elephants racing down the stairs when they go!

No BTDT experience, we have carpeted stairs. But these look great! I have never heard of these either, but they are a great concept. If I had the need for them, I would def try them out! I love that they are washable.

I think I'll just order a set and see what they are like. Whenever I get around to doing that, I'll update the post!

Pinky
05-26-2011, 09:43 AM
I think they look great too, I'm just worried that the non slip backing would wear out.... but I guess if I wanted to nail them down we could always do that... Hmmmm. Our dogs are so wild too, it sounds like a herd of elephants racing down the stairs when they go!

I think I'll just order a set and see what they are like. Whenever I get around to doing that, I'll update the post!

Definitely let us know what you think... and yes you could always nail them down though I'd worry about dirt getting under them and scuffing up the wood.

Glad to know my dogs aren't the only one that sound like elephants! They are both only 40lbs so I don't know how they make so much noise but its out of control. My older dog has trouble with the stairs so I've had to start making him go down first and reminding him that he will wipe out if he doesn't go slow. He thinks he's still a pup.