PDA

View Full Version : Stomach bug question

lcarlson90
05-25-2011, 01:57 PM
DS1 was complaining of a stomach ache after dinner last night and threw up once at about 9:15 pm. He seems fine today and he never had a fever. DS2 woke up this morning with a temp of 102 but no other symptoms. I have to imagine it's the same illness but he ate this morning and so far has not thrown up.

Do you think these two illnesses are related? Is it possible to have a fever with no other symptoms? I am hoping this isn't a stomach bug but I don't know what else it could be.

sunriseiz
05-25-2011, 02:59 PM
DS1 was complaining of a stomach ache after dinner last night and threw up once at about 9:15 pm. He seems fine today and he never had a fever. DS2 woke up this morning with a temp of 102 but no other symptoms. I have to imagine it's the same illness but he ate this morning and so far has not thrown up.

Do you think these two illnesses are related? Is it possible to have a fever with no other symptoms? I am hoping this isn't a stomach bug but I don't know what else it could be.

Sounds like our house, except both sick DC had fever. DD threw up Sunday night, DS2 had a fever Monday and then diarrhea later on, but never threw up. Unfortunately, they are still not well. :(

MommyAllison
05-25-2011, 06:01 PM
We've had fever with few/no other symptoms before - for us, often when the fever breaks, the other symptoms start.

That said, I'd guess in your case they've got the same thing, though it could present differently in each of them.

barkley1
05-25-2011, 08:48 PM
DS had a pretty high fever a few weeks ago w/ no other symptoms for a day or so, then he threw up once after breakfast. Ate fine the rest of the day, then threw up some water first thing in the a.m. the next day. Then that was it...cranky for a few days, then finally better. I'm still not sure if it was a stomach bug or weird fever/virus. I do think that viruses can present themselves differently in different children...