PDA

View Full Version : Trying to "match" our Thomasville bedroom set

bisous
05-25-2011, 08:34 PM
We have inherited a Thomasville bedroom set in a darker wood tone with traditional styling. We have a wide dresser, armoir, headboard and ONE nightstand. We also have a white Ikea expedit in the bedroom (which looks fine IMO). What can we do for the other side of the bed? I've looked online for more of our Thomasville line but haven't found anything. Would it look weirder to do more white on that side of the bed (to match the expedit) or to try and find something dark that coordinates? It isn't easy because our set is old.

I'd actually LOVE some kind of small laptop desk for DHs side but can't decide what I want it to look like!

TIA,

sariana
05-26-2011, 12:31 AM
I am still p!ssed at Thomasville for discontinuing our dining room set before we had a chance to get the china cabinet. (There was no room for it in our previous house.) Nothing they have now matches it.

Would it make more sense to ditch the one nightstand and get two new white ones? That might tie into the Ikea piece while maintaining the symmetry of the bed. It's difficult to say without seeing the room and how everything fits together.

DebbieJ
05-26-2011, 12:59 AM
I am still p!ssed at Thomasville for discontinuing our dining room set before we had a chance to get the china cabinet. (There was no room for it in our previous house.) Nothing they have now matches it.

Would it make more sense to ditch the one nightstand and get two new white ones? That might tie into the Ikea piece while maintaining the symmetry of the bed. It's difficult to say without seeing the room and how everything fits together.

That's what I was thinking--get two matching nightstands in white. I like symmetry so that's what I would do.

Mommy_Again
05-26-2011, 08:04 PM
Honestly, I can't really picture white furniture with dark wood tones. I'm not one for matchy-match nightstands either, but I don't like my bedroom to look like it came off the showroom floor. But that's just my personal design preference. If it were me, I'd either do a skirted round table in a pretty fabric, or a cool mirrored piece. Or a hand painted look. Check out Home Goods if you have one, they often have neat side tables. For a skirted table, you can buy a base at Bed Bath & Beyond, then either buy a ready made round tablecloth, or select fabric you love and have it made.

Twoboos
05-26-2011, 08:07 PM
I was thinking something in the same stain color family as the other nightstand. Color/tone matching, piece different but around the same size. That's what we have in our master, a night stand and a small 2 shelf bookcase that's a similar size and color.