PDA

View Full Version : Fitflops- just buy some!

ChunkyNicksChunkyMom
05-26-2011, 04:09 PM
Just wanted to report back after asking for so many shoe suggestions during my recent bouts of plantar fasciitis. These are hands down the most comfortable shoes I have ever worn in regards to helping relieve foot pain. I am so,so grateful to have read the recs here for them as they have truly made a WORLD to my mobility. They are pricey for flipflops, but if you are on the fence I just wanted to put in a good word. Plus my DSW has them for $39.99 right now. ( I am pretty sure that years of flat flipflops with no arch support is the cause of all my trouble, I am shocked that another kind of flop is helping me so much).

Melaine
05-26-2011, 04:15 PM
I'm so glad you shared that. My mom has been having p.f. and I will tell her about these. I would like to get some myself, maybe when my Reefs wear out.

bubbaray
05-26-2011, 04:16 PM
:)

So happy you found a solution. FWIW, I find my Birks even more comfy than my FitFlops. If I could find sequin Birks, I would be over the moon, LOL.

m448
05-26-2011, 04:19 PM
Another good rec is orthaheels (the tide flip flops). Helps with metatarsalgia and PF as well as over pronation.

ChunkyNicksChunkyMom
05-26-2011, 04:19 PM
:)

So happy you found a solution. FWIW, I find my Birks even more comfy than my FitFlops. If I could find sequin Birks, I would be over the moon, LOL.

Melissa , I also had PRP therapy, but the shoes started making a huge difference even before. Bought two pair of Birks and can not tolerate the hardness in the heel. I am sad too, as I find one of the styles oddly, very cute!

deborah_r
05-26-2011, 04:35 PM
Going to check these out. I have major problems with my feet lately - walking barefoot is almost intolerable. I have been try to find slippers with a wedge heel to wear around the house. I don't like to wear heels, but I *need* all of my shoes to ahve some heel or wedge now.

For walking, I bought New Balance Rock & Tone shoes, and that has been pretty good so far, but I do experience some pain after wearing them all day.

daisymommy
05-26-2011, 04:38 PM
Another good rec is orthaheels (the tide flip flops). Helps with metatarsalgia and PF as well as over pronation.

Tell me more! I over pronate, but love flip flops.

bubbaray
05-26-2011, 04:42 PM
Melissa , I also had PRP therapy, but the shoes started making a huge difference even before. Bought two pair of Birks and can not tolerate the hardness in the heel. I am sad too, as I find one of the styles oddly, very cute!

That's too bad! I wonder if the soft footbed would work for you?

Anyway, that's great news the FitFlops work for you!

m448
05-26-2011, 04:51 PM
Amy mine were just delivered today:

http://www.zappos.com/orthaheel-tide-bronze-metallic

I've had some pain in the ball of the foot recently and realized my love for flip flops wasn't helpings things. In typical fashion I looked for a workaround. ;) These definitely have a defined arch but it's not uncomfortable even for my slightly flat feet. They feel cushy but supportive especially for the metatarsals which is what I needed. That and a pair of new sneaks for working out should hopefully solve the problem.

I think my issues is also I'm an obsessive bare footer even on some very hard surfaces and outdoors.

Reyadawnbringer
05-26-2011, 05:18 PM
This makes me miss my old fitflops. My BFF bought them for me years ago when I was pregnant. They are BY FAR the most comfy shoes I have owned. I loved the style and they held up extremely well, but I believe they must have been stolen off my back porch at my last apt when they were left outside by accident. I have missed them ever since.

JBaxter
05-26-2011, 05:21 PM
I love both pairs I have

tribe pride
05-26-2011, 05:21 PM
Tell me more! I over pronate, but love flip flops.

I have the orthaheel flip flops, and they helped a lot with the arch pain that I was experiencing last summer. They're not nearly as stylish as other flip flops, but they're great for wearing around the house, to the beach or pool, etc. I used to wear flip flops almost exclusively all summer long, but no more, unfortunately, since they just kill my feet after a couple of hours. The orthaheel flip flops allow me to have some slip-on summer shoes, which is great, but really, I wear my chacos and merrell sandals a lot more, since they're just as comfy but more attractive. But if you're looking for flip flops with good arch support for pf, orthaheels are a good option!

m448
05-26-2011, 06:29 PM
another one to check out amy is SOLE.

Melaine
05-26-2011, 06:47 PM
Hmmm, it looks like at least some of them qualify for the extra 20% off at amazon.com

kristac
05-26-2011, 07:20 PM
Hmmm, it looks like at least some of them qualify for the extra 20% off at amazon.com

link please?

Twoboos
05-26-2011, 07:27 PM
Ugh, I think I am the only person who can't wear FitFlops! I want to wear them and love them, but whenever I try them on the strap is SO uncomfortable, and my toes don't go in far enough to catch the toe thingy. I think I have a high instep or something.

I tried on another pair recently at Nordstrom Rack, in case they suddenly fit. They don't. :(

Glad to know they are working out for you OP!

Jo..
05-26-2011, 07:29 PM
I am so glad to hear they helped you!

BallerinaMommy
05-26-2011, 07:47 PM
I recently bought the orthaheel flipflops and LOVE them. So comfy, with plenty of support. I even spent the day wearing them around Disney World, which is always my true test for comfy shoes! They get a big :thumbsup: from me!

Melaine
05-26-2011, 07:53 PM
link please?

Now, I'm confused because they aren't listed in the brands, but the little flag is at the bottom of this link shoes that they are eligible:

http://www.amazon.com/FitFlop-Womens-Pietra-Sandal-Black/dp/B002SG8E9S/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1306453880&sr=8-1

ETA: I'm starting to think they don't apply and that I misunderstood the banner....since it isn't listed under special offers.

ChunkyNicksChunkyMom
05-26-2011, 08:12 PM
Now, I'm confused because they aren't listed in the brands, but the little flag is at the bottom of this link shoes that they are eligible:

http://www.amazon.com/FitFlop-Womens-Pietra-Sandal-Black/dp/B002SG8E9S/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1306453880&sr=8-1

ETA: I'm starting to think they don't apply and that I misunderstood the banner....since it isn't listed under special offers.

The banner is very confusing, I already called Amazon about this. You have to put the item in your cart and see where it is shipping from, then see if the name of the vendor is one of the
eligable vendors in the verbage. FWIW I have that style in the pewtery color and LOVE but this one is for a narrower foot!

DebbieJ
05-26-2011, 08:15 PM
Thanks for this. I bought some Yellow Box flip flops on the reviews that they were comfy. My feet are not happy. I have a cyst in my left foot and it needs good support. I'll have to check them out. It's my birthday next week so I should be getting my DSW coupon soon.

sidmand
05-26-2011, 08:34 PM
I bought some too but have only had them about a week but really do like them (got the Pietra and Electra, I think the Pietra fits a bit better--one has sequins and one has pretty "jewels"). I also have the Orthaheel ones and they're nice too. Not as attractive as someone said, but very, very comfy.

FWIW I actually have to attribute wearing Birkenstocks to making my plantar fasciitis worse. I know some people swear by them but they're what I wore all summers long and every year at the end of the summer my feet hurt worse but would get better during the winter when I wore different shoes (until last year when it just didn't go away). I've had to sadly give up wearing them (and there was an outlet near us so I had many many pairs!).

And FWIW, I find Mammoth Crocs to be the single best shoe for me to wear all winter with the pf. The podiatrist said he's actually heard that from others too. They're butt ugly but so comfortable. I don't know if it's the same for the regular Crocs 'cause I don't ever wear those for some reason though.

kbud
05-26-2011, 08:43 PM
I so agree! I actually have the Sketcher ones. I had really bad PF, doing cortizone shots trying to avoid surgery. I was only wearing ugly running shoes w/custom orthotics as I was in so much pain and could hardly walk in the morning.

We moved to FL and I was searching for some flip flops and sandals I could wear. I got some Birks and love those. I then found some generic fit flops at a K-mart going out of business. I loved them. Now I almost always were my Sketcher fit flops and my Birks mixed it, year round. I only wear the orthodics when I work out. Since doing this for the past 4 years I have no foot pain at all! I even wear them to Disney (we were passholders for 3 years and went a few times a month, so a ton of walking).

I really want a pair of "real" fit flops soon.