PDA

View Full Version : Hmmm antibiotic dose WWYD

Melaine
05-26-2011, 06:59 PM
DD is on a 10 day antibiotic. She gets it morning and evening. DH gave them dinner while I ran an errand and now he is at my brother's bachelor party. He isn't answering the phone so I don't know if he gave it to DD. She says no but I am not sure if I should trust that. I think she is probably right because it was kind of rushed. Would it be dangerous to possibly give her two doses? Should I skip it or possibly double it up?

ETA: They are about to go to bed, so that is why I am trying to make this decision right now.

crl
05-26-2011, 07:02 PM
I'd skip it.

Catherine

infomama
05-26-2011, 07:02 PM
I would wait and if you find out he forgot, dose her then.

MaiseyDog
05-26-2011, 07:05 PM
What antibiotic and what day in the course of therapy are you? Most likely, If you called my pharmacy I would tell you to give the dose. If she has already had it you might see a little more stomach upset, but otherwise it won't hurt and honestly I'd be surprised if there was anymore stomach problems even.

Jo..
05-26-2011, 07:05 PM
Chances are he didn't give it (IME men can't even remember to take their own drugs and vitamins, much less give them to their kids) :).

But I agree with pp and I'd rather skip it than double dose. .

Melaine
05-26-2011, 07:08 PM
Ok, he called. Indeed, he forgot to give it to her! Thanks all, sorry for the unnecessary question! It is day 8 of dosage, so at least she has had most of it already anyway.