PDA

View Full Version : Why does it hail so much in Texas?

Kungjo
05-26-2011, 07:54 PM
I have never heard of an area having so much hail in my life? We're not from the area, but so I have no idea why it happens. Why is it that every time there is a severe thunderstorm, there is the possibility of hail somewhere? Can someone explain this to me?

Thanks!

lhafer
05-26-2011, 07:59 PM
Are you new to Texas?

This has been a weird year. But we also have weird weather. And it's different all over the state.

Also - there have been lots of tornadoes recently, and hail is a part of tornadoes.

logan's mom
05-26-2011, 08:22 PM
It has to do with all the colliding air masses that meet in that area. Also why there are tornadoes. And like PP said, where there are tornadoes-there is usually hail.

Jo..
05-26-2011, 08:25 PM
In OK every time we have rain it seems we have hail and/or tornadoes. The rain is desperately needed but I am so terrified whenever we get it.

I have been here 4 years and I don't understand it either.

Kungjo
05-27-2011, 12:20 AM
We've been here about a year. Moved here from Louisiana and it hails there occassionaly. I use to love severe thunderstroms before I moved here.

Now, I worry about tornadoes and hail. Guess I traded hurricanes for tornadoes and hail. Prefer the hurricanes. At least I know when they are coming.

Here, I have no idea whether to run for the closet or what when I here the tornado sirens.

Other than the weather, I like it here better. LOL.

JoyNChrist
05-27-2011, 12:50 AM
Other than the weather, I like it here better. LOL.

Traitor! ;)