PDA

View Full Version : On the TMI front - My 6-year-old has HUGE poops

VClute
05-26-2011, 09:02 PM
As in EVERY time he poops, he clogs the toilet. And (wow, TMI!!!) it's not so much the volume as the girth I'm concerned about. They are HUGE!! He doesn't seem to have a problem passing them, but I just can't imagine this is a normal thing. Should I address this with his ped or is this nothing to worry about?

boolady
05-26-2011, 09:08 PM
So does DD, who's 4.5 y/o. They never fail to shock me, but she isn't in pain, it doesn't seem to be causing fissures, and she's not constipated. For those reasons, I've tried not to worry about it too much.

Melaine
05-26-2011, 09:11 PM
It's nothing to be worried about. It means his intestines are clean, letting everything out, whereas most adults are blocked up, letting less out.

ETA: Learned this when I got colonics from the medicine man.

DietCokeLover
05-26-2011, 09:13 PM
So does DD, who's 4.5 y/o. They never fail to shock me, but she isn't in pain, it doesn't seem to be causing fissures, and she's not constipated. For those reasons, I've tried not to worry about it too much.

This is my DD as well. Although she does get constipated every now and then.

Jo..
05-26-2011, 09:47 PM
I'd ask just to be safe. I cannot imagine a bowling ball poop passing through such a small body. Too much fiber???:wink2:

scrooks
05-26-2011, 10:02 PM
My DD is the same way. She has constipation issues and doesnt go everyday. I swear they are bigger than her. She has clogged our toilet and the sitters.

sweetsue98
05-26-2011, 10:40 PM
Goes on for years! Good luck and get a good plunger!