PDA

View Full Version : Just an observation...customer reviews

athompson
05-26-2011, 10:50 PM
I'm finally starting to think about clothes for myself again and I'm shopping online. It seems to me that everyone out there must be a size 0 or a 2. Most reviews go something like this..."I am 5' 10", 145 pounds and the small fit perfectly!" Or maybe this..."I am 5' 7", 123 pounds and the small was very flattering!" WTH is going on here? I was feeling pretty good about myself until I starting reading these:p

DrSally
05-26-2011, 10:54 PM
Maybe it depends on the website. The Target reviews are a lot of size L/XL.
I started shopping for myself when DD was about 2 as well. She was finally SSTN and also we were done nursing, so no more stretched out/stained maternity t-shirts for me!

truly scrumptious
05-26-2011, 10:58 PM
Fwiw I am not a size 0 or a 2 and I have never postEd a review for a piece of clothing regardless of whether I loved or hated it. It just would never occur to me to go online to post a review of my favorite jeans,say. So I think you're seeing a small percentage of the users who are writing reviews. Maybe because they don't mind talking about their size/weight?

Now what I MIGHT do is come here to the BBB and rave about some awesome jeans I found! ;)

Neatfreak
05-26-2011, 11:17 PM
I see that on Athleta and wonder ...

Maybe one day someone my size will post a review :)

liz
05-27-2011, 06:41 AM
heehee, I thought the same thing reading Athleta reviews!

hillview
05-27-2011, 07:31 AM
heehee, I thought the same thing reading Athleta reviews!

:yeahthat:

SnuggleBuggles
05-27-2011, 08:04 AM
Yep, Athleta came to my mind too! LE Canvas reviews read a bit like that too. I'm ok with my size, would be happy to lose 5-10lbs, but even then I won't be a size 0-2. Can't exactly make hip bones disappear. ;)

Beth

LarsMal
05-27-2011, 10:02 AM
I have noticed that, too. I like the reviews by people listing the same height and weight as me, wearing at least 2 sizes smaller. I don't see how it's possible. My shape can't be that different!

RedSuedeShoes
05-27-2011, 03:21 PM
Agree with DrSally. Those who have time and energy to post reviews of their clothing may not have lives that resemble yours (or mine) in any way. And since you'll never know, why compare?

athompson
05-27-2011, 03:44 PM
Agree with DrSally. Those who have time and energy to post reviews of their clothing may not have lives that resemble yours (or mine) in any way. And since you'll never know, why compare?
You are right. I will now move on:)