PDA

View Full Version : What to do?

boilermakermom
05-26-2011, 11:45 PM
There are two children, brother and sister, who often roam around our subdivision. They are probably between 8-11. I think the older child (sister) may be slightly challenged. Their appearance is always unkempt-hair hasn't been brushed, face dirty, clothes dirty. Last summer they walked around in bathing suits and flip flops most of the time. Or pj pants and men's t shirts.

Neighbors have found them playing in garages if the door is open, backyards, etc. If they do meet up with kids who are playing, they do not get the hint to go home. I have only seen an adult with them once in the last two summers; that was at dusk before a bad storm. Neighbors and I speculate they live outside the subdivision, and across a very large field.

I hate to intervene-it isn't my business. It is clear their homelife is lacking, and I fear if I do intervene it will make it tougher for the kids. However, it isn't fair for these kids to be roaming around. I am afraid they are going to get hurt, etc.

Tje thread on free range kids made me post...anyone have thoughts? I think this goes beyond free range kids?? Maybe not? One neighbor suggested calling CPS to see if anyone has been made aware of the problem....maybe overboard?