PDA

View Full Version : She found out that the man she had been dating for a month, was married

momm
05-27-2011, 07:59 AM
I wonder if you ladies in Boston listen to the radio show "Maddy in the morning"?

A caller called in yesterday saying that she was dating this chap for a month, then her friend googled him and found that he was married, had a wife, mortgage, the works. She was contemplating calling his wife to tell her and the radio show hosts urged her NOT to.

I thought that was a bit strange.
They kept telling her not to get messy, she'd be subpoenaed to their divorce, etc. etc. Even when another caller (a wife who had been cheated on, and found out from the girlfriend) called in, and told her that it's better for the wife to know.

What do you ladies think?

PS - It's a little similar to this thread
http://windsorpeak.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=399170

Would it make a difference to you, if you were involved?

mumofboys
05-27-2011, 08:52 AM
I did not listen to the show but have some experience and opinions on the matter.

In the scenario you are describing, the man she was dating did not confess the secret. He is not only a dog for stepping out on his wife but he is a double-dog for not being honest with his lover about it. She should run, not walk, as fast as she can from this man.

Add in the fact that they have only been dating for a month. Their relationship has not withstood any tests of time or honesty. Again … a vote to simply drop all ties and move on quickly. If the caller is angry with the man for lying to her, she will have the opportunity to share her feelings when she dumps him. He is the one who deserves to be railroaded. Not the wife.

Calling the wife would accomplish what exactly? If she doesn't know or suspect it already, her husband is an a$$ but everything happens on its own timeframe. It is not up to this nearly anonymous woman (a one month fling) to alter the course of this marriage.

If it were me in this situation, I would not want to be the one responsible for speeding up the train that is surely going to hit the wall.

tiapam
05-27-2011, 12:24 PM
I did not listen to the show but have some experience and opinions on the matter.

In the scenario you are describing, the man she was dating did not confess the secret. He is not only a dog for stepping out on his wife but he is a double-dog for not being honest with his lover about it. She should run, not walk, as fast as she can from this man.

Add in the fact that they have only been dating for a month. Their relationship has not withstood any tests of time or honesty. Again … a vote to simply drop all ties and move on quickly. If the caller is angry with the man for lying to her, she will have the opportunity to share her feelings when she dumps him. He is the one who deserves to be railroaded. Not the wife.

Calling the wife would accomplish what exactly? If she doesn't know or suspect it already, her husband is an a$$ but everything happens on its own timeframe. It is not up to this nearly anonymous woman (a one month fling) to alter the course of this marriage.

If it were me in this situation, I would not want to be the one responsible for speeding up the train that is surely going to hit the wall.

i tend to agree but if they don't have kids yet i think that you could do some good by giving her an early warning before she procreates with him. she can decide what to do with the info. oh and she night not realize how dumb he is, i would def want to know that. :)