PDA

View Full Version : CL or Consignment?

HIU8
05-27-2011, 11:11 AM
I have a Peg Perego Thomas Ride on Train with battery, track and battery charger. I was going to sell it on CL. Now I'm not so sure. I feel like it's a HUGE hassle. I could sell it at a consignment show and get 70% of what I ask for it. Would you sell a larger item on CL (I'm planning on asking over $100--I have checked CL and there are listings for $150) or just unload it at a consignment show and not worry about having to meet up to sell it? WWYD?

vonfirmath
05-27-2011, 11:27 AM
If you have other stuff in Consignment, I'd try that first. You can always put it on Craigslist if it does not sell.

lowrioh
05-27-2011, 11:28 AM
I would put it on CL if you are in the DC burbs. Train tables are really in demand and you can usually get asking price especially if you aren't way out in Stafford or Woodbridge. You could also see if you have a local list serve where you can put it on. I see stuff like that on MOTH and other sites in the DC area. I usually just have folks come to the house and then have the item set up on my front porch and I've never had a problem. I always make sure that my DH or someone else is at the house though.