PDA

View Full Version : What to do with these MIC...

ha98ed14
05-27-2011, 12:36 PM
I bought these (http://www.orientaltrading.com/large-swirl-pops-a2-5_754.fltr?prodCatId=388673&categoryFromSearch=true&tabId=1&Ne=90000&rd=lollipop) from Oriental Trading thinking they were whirly pops. I just opened the box and while they are cute, they are an MIC knock off. Knock off doesn't bother me. MIC does. Kids will eat it. If they put crap in their baby formula and their dog food, who knows what they put in the candy. But what to do with it? Party is today! Also, anyone know if they sell whirly pops in B&M? They were my party favor, and now I'm SOL!

BabyH
05-27-2011, 12:41 PM
I don't have one near me, so I don't know for sure, but what about World Market?

bubbaray
05-27-2011, 12:43 PM
I'd use them and not think twice about it. Most of the crap that my girls get from other b-day parties is MIC junk (edibles and otherwise). Generally, we toss it.

kristac
05-27-2011, 12:44 PM
My dollar tree had some recently. Might have been MIC though- I didn't look since I wasn't buying them.

Green_Tea
05-27-2011, 12:52 PM
I'd use them and not think twice about it.

:yeahthat:

It's a one time treat, not something that's eaten daily. Most kids won't even finish them.

misshollygolightly
05-27-2011, 12:57 PM
I wouldn't really have a problem with them. OTC is a pretty major retailer and I don't think they've had a lot of problems, even though nearly all their stock is MIC. It's a one-time thing, and the suckers probably have a fairly simple (not necessarily healthy, but simple) ingredient list (HFCS, dye, flavoring...). I think they make a cute favor, and I wouldn't have a problem with my child bringing one home from a party. I'd bet that a lot of hard candies are MIC. Anyway, if you really don't feel comfortable giving them out, you could look at Cracker Barrel or maybe one of those mall candy stores for replacements (though I'm not sure where those lollipops are made either).

elektra
05-27-2011, 01:04 PM
I would totally use them too.
Even some of the Trader Joe's food is MIC.

ett
05-27-2011, 01:07 PM
I would just use them. There are lots of food sold in store including Whole Foods that are MIC.

ThreeofUs
05-27-2011, 02:47 PM
I'd probably toss them, myself, just because of the news about what Chinese factories are putting in food (and particularly sweets). I know pieces of metal have shown up in some MIC lollipops in the U.S.

But just take this as presenting the other point of view... I'm obviously the odd BBB'er out, and it's probably okay.

ha98ed14
05-28-2011, 01:48 PM
I'd probably toss them, myself, just because of the news about what Chinese factories are putting in food (and particularly sweets). I know pieces of metal have shown up in some MIC lollipops in the U.S.

But just take this as presenting the other point of view... I'm obviously the odd BBB'er out, and it's probably okay.

This is exactly what I was thinking. I wouldn't feed it to my own baby, so I wasn't going to feed them to anyone else's. I went to Party City and they had the actual whirly pops, which are made here in LA I think; however I didn't buy them. I thought it might not have been such a fab idea anyway. So I replaced them with these (http://www.twinklecandy.com/cgi-bin2/commerce.cgi?preadd=action&key=C272GP15) pretty little lollies that I think moms would actually let their kids eat if they wanted to. I did. :)

ThreeofUs
05-28-2011, 02:30 PM
So I replaced them with these (http://www.twinklecandy.com/cgi-bin2/commerce.cgi?preadd=action&key=C272GP15) pretty little lollies that I think moms would actually let their kids eat if they wanted to. I did. :)

What a great idea! I really like those a LOT.