PDA

View Full Version : help. yard sale question

amatahrain
05-27-2011, 03:11 PM
I haven't been to a yard sale in years so I need your help.

How much for onsies? I must have over 100 of them in various sizes and was thinking stuff a grocery bag for $3. Too much/too little? What do you think? Also, how much individually?

How much for baby shirts/pants/shorts? I am keeping a lot of my gymboree stuff, but I have a lot of carter and other brands etc.

Any helpful hints for a mostly baby yard sale. I'm not interested in making a load of money. I want it gone, but don't necessarily want to give it away for free.

indigo99
05-27-2011, 04:12 PM
It will depend on your area to some extent. I would not do stuff-a-bag until maybe later in the day when you just want to get rid of stuff in a hurry and it's all picked over. People will take advantage and have it heaping full so you may do better to say everything 25cents or something at that point.

These prices are based on my garage sale shopping and the prices at which I stop and go through buying things. Lots of places have higher prices, but I don't buy as much at those.

At least for the first hour or two, I would price each item individually. If you're talking about plain, white onesies that come in sets then maybe 50cents each. If they're something nicer with characters etc then 75cents or $1depending on condition.

things like screen printed t shirts and knit pants: 50cents
nicer shirts with applique or embroidery, jeans or cords: $1-$2 depending on brand and condition

crl
05-27-2011, 04:32 PM
I'd do a bunch of nicer stuff at $1 a piece and then things like plain onsies at 25 cents each. People will probably try to bargain with you. I'd also plan to say two for one towards the end of the sale.

Catherine

elephantmeg
05-27-2011, 04:33 PM
Infant clothes: I'd say onesies would be 25cents if plain, 50 cents at the most. Socks are generally 25 c a pair, pants 50 c
as you get into toddler stuff the price goes up

vonfirmath
05-27-2011, 05:33 PM
I haven't been to a yard sale in years so I need your help.

How much for onsies? I must have over 100 of them in various sizes and was thinking stuff a grocery bag for $3. Too much/too little? What do you think? Also, how much individually?

How much for baby shirts/pants/shorts? I am keeping a lot of my gymboree stuff, but I have a lot of carter and other brands etc.

Any helpful hints for a mostly baby yard sale. I'm not interested in making a load of money. I want it gone, but don't necessarily want to give it away for free.

Onesies? 3 for $1, maybe -- mostly I don't buy them used. Stuff a bag full for $3 sounds reasonable if you had enough I wanted. Make sure it is easy to tell what clothes are what size.

Baby shirts/pants/shorts? $1 each.

Jo..
05-27-2011, 07:16 PM
onesies 25 cents to 50 cents depending on brand/color/quality/detail. Save the fill a bag for when you need to unload a ton of stuff late in the day.

Carter and similar shirts=50 cents.
Carter and similar pants/shorts $1

boltfam
05-27-2011, 11:33 PM
onesies 25 cents to 50 cents depending on brand/color/quality/detail. Save the fill a bag for when you need to unload a ton of stuff late in the day.

Carter and similar shirts=50 cents.
Carter and similar pants/shorts $1

:yeahthat: Sounds about what I would pay. If you have some nice shirts, you could probably do up to $1.

amatahrain
05-28-2011, 01:35 PM
Thanks for the advice. We did a quick sale from 8-12 and got rid of a TON of stuff. My sisters boyfriends mom has a baby consignment store and is going to take all of the baby stuff we had leftover.

We made a little money and the weather was perfect. Thanks again!