PDA

View Full Version : help! what could this be??

kochh2
05-27-2011, 03:15 PM
DD has sensitive skin, and recently i noticed that this appeared on her foot.
what on earth?? FWIW, she is 4, has not been in contact with poison ivy, and does not complain about this- it's not itchy or hurty. i noticed a small amount of skin peeling on the underside, but that has subsided. I do not think it is athlete's foot, and despite trying cortisone on it, it seems to have grown a tiny bit over the week. suggestions? thoughts? I usually try to use alternative health things when possible, but i am so stumped. It is very slightly raised, and almost looks like a birthmark that JUST appeared out of nowhere. 4 years after she was born ....

lilycat88
05-27-2011, 03:29 PM
Could be fungal. I get spots like that every once in a while that are fungal. I'd try some Lotrimin on it.

amandabea
05-27-2011, 04:01 PM
:yeahthat:

crl
05-27-2011, 04:24 PM
If it gets worse with cortisone it is probably fungal.

Catherine

kochh2
05-27-2011, 07:02 PM
thanks gals, I knew i could count on BBB for a quick response... will try that tonight!

kochh2
05-28-2011, 01:00 PM
bumping :) after twenty four hours,and two applications of a nystatin/tinactin mixture, i see NO change in her foot. It's so weird. Could it be a bulls eye rash?? I never saw a tick on her, but IDK.... i guess it could be anything...

wimama
05-28-2011, 01:22 PM
Try Lotrimin Cream (clotrimazole). I think it is more effective than the other OTC antifungals. Make sure you apply it to the affected area, between all the toes of both feet, and under all her toes twice daily. You don't want it to spread to the unaffected foot. If it is still not improving or if it spreads, she could have a bacterial skin infection. Fungal infections can cause fissures or openings in the skin and can become infected with bacteria in addition to the fungal infection.

kochh2
05-28-2011, 02:30 PM
thanks, thats why i used nystatin, a prescription ointment we used to make our own triple paste with when she had bad diaper rashes...