PDA

View Full Version : No thread on this yet??

bcafe
05-28-2011, 01:10 AM
Wow. It's all I can say.
http://politicsrespun.org/2011/05/nestles-war-on-breastfeeding-mothers-takes-shameful-new-turn/

citymama
05-28-2011, 02:36 AM
The author of that blog needs to learn how to write better. Yikes, blogger, rant much?

The product sounds gimmicky. But parents are well-known suckers for new gadgets (witness these boards) so I guess there will be a market for the ridiculous formula machine.

essnce629
05-28-2011, 03:11 AM
Wow, $287 for the machine, plus $56-$64 for 26 pods (servings)! That's like $500+ a month for formula! Yikes! I'm glad breastfeeding is pretty much free!

Melaine
05-28-2011, 08:29 AM
Hey, if I truly believed that the formula would somehow come out healthier from that fancy expresso machine, I would have bought it for sure. I was so incredibly guilty to have failed at breastfeeding and knowing that you are giving your child second-best nutrition really SUCKS. That said, it's ridiculous, and I can't imagine it really selling well.

vludmilla
05-28-2011, 10:26 AM
Wow. I found myself almost simultaneously incredulous and disturbed. What a weird gimmick. Is it warming the formula through that machine?

AshleyAnn
05-28-2011, 09:59 PM
Hey, if I truly believed that the formula would somehow come out healthier from that fancy expresso machine, I would have bought it for sure. I was so incredibly guilty to have failed at breastfeeding and knowing that you are giving your child second-best nutrition really SUCKS. That said, it's ridiculous, and I can't imagine it really selling well.

:yeahthat:

I love how the article acts like there is a war of breastfeeding but I always felt like the real push was "breastfeeding is the absolute best thing you can do for your child and people who don't do it didn't try hard enough and just suck" and I felt like complete crap for not being able to BF. If it makes women who cant/wont BF happy with thier situation so be it. I don't believe this machine will actually affect BFing numbers. I do think its silly and techie but some people like that sort of thing.

trcy
05-29-2011, 10:53 AM
Wow, $287 for the machine, plus $56-$64 for 26 pods (servings)! That's like $500+ a month for formula! Yikes! I'm glad breastfeeding is pretty much free!
:yeahthat: And you don't have to deal with washing bottles

ncat
05-29-2011, 03:46 PM
I could see a machine like that being nice for a daycare to have. I couldn't imagine buying one for home use, unless I had triplets or so! It looks like the machine/pods are only available in Switzerland, so I expect that it would sell for less in the US. Just about everything seems crazy expensive in Switzerland relative to here.

MamaMolly
05-29-2011, 04:25 PM
While I agree it is an unnecessary gadget, the blogger really lost me here: 'Artificial feeding means the use of more diapers, sanitary napkins and tampons.' I EBF'd both girls and Aunt Flo showed her ugly face about 8 weeks post delivery both times.