PDA

View Full Version : DH just bought a new truck

bubbaray
05-28-2011, 07:05 PM
WITHOUT DISCUSSING IT WITH ME!!! WTF??

I'm so pi$$ed.

Now, don't get me wrong. I :heartbeat: trucks. I told him to get a large domestic crew cab truck nearly 2 years ago (he got the Toyota Tacoma crew instead). But, today, he just off and trades in his truck for a new Ford. WTF?

I thought he was just looking. We are supposed to be at a BBQ (like, um RIGHT NOW) and I called and said where are you? He says "doing the insurance on the new truck". WTF??? I'm so pi$$ed.

My name had better be on the registration too or he can jolly well march back and fix that. Jerk.

Oh, and did I mention, he doesn't know if it will fit in our garage?!

AHHHHHH

hellokitty
05-28-2011, 07:39 PM
Oh I feel for you. My dad did that once, just up and decided to buy a new car w/o talking about it with my mom first and showed up at home with it. My mom was really pissed.

plusbellelavie
05-28-2011, 07:58 PM
That is a huge :nono: I would be super pissed too! Wonder really what he was thinking!

So not cool...sorry you have to deal with that today!

:6: to your DH

MSWR0319
05-28-2011, 08:02 PM
DH did that once and I was about ready to kill him. He came home from work, said he saw a truck on the way home he wanted to go look at. He was pretty sure it was "the one". He then told me he was going to talk to the guy to see what kinda of deal he could get. I was under the impression if he got a good deal he'd come get me to go look at it. nope! Drove it home a few hours later, after I called to see where he was......AND it didn't fit in the garage. Hardly even left room for me to back out. I'm starting to get worked up just thinking about it!

Pear
05-28-2011, 08:03 PM
I just can't fathom doing something like that. DH and I discuss anything more than minor everyday purchases and it isn't because our budget squeaks, we just like to communicate about these things.

I hope you still get to have a pleasant weekend and that he has a really good explanation.

LMPC
05-28-2011, 08:32 PM
OMG, I would be soooo PO'd if DH did something like this! I feel like "Grrrrrrrr!" for you!!!

SnuggleBuggles
05-28-2011, 08:57 PM
I just can't fathom doing something like that. DH and I discuss anything more than minor everyday purchases and it isn't because our budget squeaks, we just like to communicate about these things.

I hope you still get to have a pleasant weekend and that he has a really good explanation.

Same here! Dh called me to ask if he could spend $200 on a new TV on Woot the other day. I said no and that was that. I hope he has a real good excuse. Now go buy yourself something really nice!

Beth

infomama
05-28-2011, 09:26 PM
Been there. What a moment that was...

Me..Hey babe...you still checking out the lot?
DH..not really
Me...You on your way home then? See anything you liked?
DH...I did...and I bought it.
Me...ha ha..not funny
DH...I'm not kidding
Me...Holy crap. What did you do??
DH...I think I'm going to throw up

AnnieW625
05-28-2011, 09:51 PM
That stinks. I clicked on the link through the main page and saw the title and I knew it was your DH! Hope the truck fits in your garage!

WolfpackMom
05-28-2011, 09:57 PM
I would be livid, I'm sorry mama!

elektra
05-28-2011, 11:11 PM
Ooooh! I feel ya! My DH would do the same thing. During my last work trip to Hawaii in April, DH called me to discuss a home elliptical machine purchase. I said " well let's just wait till I get home to discuss." to which he responds, " I am in line about to buy it." excuse me?!?!?
I mean, yes, I want an elliptical machine and I will use it. But it makes no sense for us financially right now! :6:

I can say that I have been using our new elliptical almost every other day since. We got it. :rolleyes:
Enjoy your new truck. :)

bubbaray
05-29-2011, 01:59 AM
I sent him out to get water, he bought a truck. Figures. Everyone at the BBQ tonight thought it was hilarious.

DH is all happy. New truck was "born" on his birthday.

Sigh.

JoyNChrist
05-31-2011, 09:17 PM
My DH did the same thing shortly after we got married. I swear, if I hasn't been newly pregnant with DS1, I would have left him right then and there. I was FURIOUS. We've never had a fight that big before or since.

bubbaray
05-31-2011, 10:19 PM
Well, the truck is in the driveway. He picked it up tonight. He still hasn't tried it in the garage, LOL.

lhafer
06-01-2011, 08:19 AM
Hope it fits!!

My DH bought a car once without discussing it with me first. We only had one car, and we had been looking at one in particular. We were on our way to the movies on a date night when he told me he had bought it!!! I couldn't be too mad at him because the car was for me!! :D

bubbaray
06-01-2011, 09:51 AM
The truck d/n fit. I am more than mildly amused by this. So, he has to totally reconfigure the garage. Whatever.

*MY* car sleeps inside.

twowhat?
06-01-2011, 10:04 AM
The truck d/n fit. I am more than mildly amused by this. So, he has to totally reconfigure the garage. Whatever.

*MY* car sleeps inside.

:jammin:

Maybe your DH would like to keep the truck company on the driveway at night.

bubbaray
06-01-2011, 10:09 AM
Maybe your DH would like to keep the truck company on the driveway at night.

Possibly that was already suggested to him.... :innocent:

crl
06-01-2011, 11:09 AM

*MY* car sleeps inside.

Snicker.

Catherine

arivecchi
06-01-2011, 11:32 AM
Sweet justice.....

tmahanes
06-01-2011, 11:35 AM
Possibly that was already suggested to him.... :innocent:

:hysterical:

Sent from my Ally using Tapatalk