PDA

View Full Version : I was a big old grump today

SnuggleBuggles
05-28-2011, 08:19 PM
I feel bad that I was a grump to my whole family. Even worse, I was a grump to ds1's best friend. The friendship is only a few months old and I would hate to be the one to screw it up for him! Everyone was misbehaving when we were out today and they got a stern talking to. I was trying to aim it at my boys but the bf was there too and knew he was in the wrong as well. Ds1 has a hard enough time socially sometimes and doesn't need me to be a barrier. Hopefully I came across better than I think and the day was good despite my mood.

Beth

LMPC
05-28-2011, 09:50 PM
:hug: I have times like this too...you just want to call a "do over!" If the kids were really misbehaving...and sounds like they were...then you probably came across as appropriate. But what about a bit of a "do over" -- can you have the kid over again?

SnuggleBuggles
05-28-2011, 09:53 PM
Do over would rock :). When I talked to ds1 and apologized he thought I was nuts, no need to worry. He didnt think I was a grump so hopefully his bc didn't either.

Beth

LMPC
05-28-2011, 09:58 PM
Do over would rock :). When I talked to ds1 and apologized he thought I was nuts, no need to worry. He didnt think I was a grump so hopefully his bc didn't either.

Beth

I love it when our kids give us a reality check! So glad to hear that he thoughts you were nuts lol! I'm sure his friend thought you were just being a mom :tongue5: