PDA

View Full Version : Quick picture WWYD! (loose tooth involved)

WatchingThemGrow
05-29-2011, 08:03 AM
We usually wait until after DD's and DS2's birthdays to go to Portrait Innovations and do a bunch of pictures. We are in between them right now, but DD just showed us this morning she has a loose tooth. (She turned 5 a little over a week ago...is that early?)

DS2 still has a bit of a scrape on his cheek where he fell off the front porch a few weeks ago, but I'm not sure another week will make a huge difference. So...do we go get their pictures taken while DD still HAS her tooth or should we wait a week until DS2 turns 2 and DD actually loses the tooth.

(and should I be concerned about her losing a tooth right at 5? I emailed our pediatric dentist as we're close friends and we are going to their house tomorrow.)

rachelh
05-29-2011, 09:09 AM
The scrape would bother me more than a missing tooth in pictures. Maybe just wait longer for the scrape to clear up. FWIW, DDs tooth was loose for a a good few weeks before it finally fell out so you may have more time.

Interested to hear what the pediatric dentist has to say - can you post back with his response? DD lost her tooth about 2 months ago - she will be 5 in June. It looked healthy (not rotten, discolored, etc.) when it fell out so I did not take her in for an appointment but people keep asking me "isn't it early for her to have lost a tooth?"

EllasMum
05-29-2011, 10:50 AM
Yep, what PP said. DD has had teeth that stayed loose for as much as 6 weeks, or more, before falling out. Also, DD will be 6 in August, but lost her first tooth almost a year ago. The dentist was not fazed in the slightest and said it was fine. She has now lost 5 teeth.

mytwosons
05-29-2011, 10:53 AM
Our dentist said it was normal to lose the first tooth between the ages of 4 and 7.

LadyPeter
05-29-2011, 01:55 PM
Neither would keep me from getting pictures made, actually. My brother is sporting a big black eye in his 3rd grade school picture, and it's adorable.

crl
05-29-2011, 02:23 PM
I think missing teeth in pictures are great! That's what kids look like, yk. As far as the scrape, can't they photo shop it?

Catherine

WatchingThemGrow
05-29-2011, 05:17 PM
PI doesn't photoshop. Pics are unretouched and usually cute as can be! Part of me wants to go get it taken before the tooth falls out just because that's what she looks like *right* at 5, not a few weeks later b/c mom is lame.