PDA

View Full Version : Cherry flavored ibuprofen?

ljackson
05-29-2011, 09:56 AM
Does anyone make cherry flavored ibuprofen? It seems to be the only flavor DS will take but I can only find acetaminophen not ibuprofen and would like to be able to alternate between the two. Any other suggestions for helping DS with his two year molars would also be great - he is clearly in a lot of pain with them even though I can't see anything coming through yet.

TIA

pantone292
05-29-2011, 01:08 PM
I haven't seen cherry ibuprofen but my suggestion for teething is to call your ped's office and have them calculate your DC's ibuprofen and acetaminophen doses by weight. the guides on the boxes usually under dose. I find that my kids do a LOT better when I give them their exact dose.

AnnieW625
05-29-2011, 01:16 PM
Target, and CVS brand makes fruit punch flavored which works for DD1.

ABO Mama
05-29-2011, 01:20 PM
Have you tried the chewables yet? My DS refuses liquid meds, but will take a chewable.

chozen
05-29-2011, 02:36 PM
found berry flavored at walmart, i think it was there store brand.

waitingforgrace
05-29-2011, 03:15 PM
I've been looking for cherry everywhere and haven't found it. DD also only takes cherry and refuses the expensive name brand ibuprofen I bought in "berry" flavor hoping she 'd like it- she spits it out.

ljackson
05-29-2011, 08:15 PM
Thanks for all the suggestions. I realised that the problem might be partly that he takes acetaminophen from a dropper and I was trying to get him to take ibuprofen from a measuring cup. He had a dose of bubblegum flavor once I put it in the dropper.

Have you tried the chewables yet? My DS refuses liquid meds, but will take a chewable.

Where do you get these from? That sounds like a good option too.

Neatfreak
05-30-2011, 01:00 AM
I've bought Tylenol Meltaways for my toddler at CVS - it looks like the next stage product after the liquid suspension infant drops!

Also, the Dr. Sears website has weight-based dosing charts for both acetaminophen and ibuprofen.