PDA

View Full Version : They should really warn people about this!

rachelh
05-29-2011, 10:26 AM
I know its Fleet Week and all in NYC but seriously these military choppers and gunships flying overhead are beginning to freak me out! I am certain most people in the area don't even know that its fleet week - I happened to have caught a quick segment on the news about it, but if I did not know I would have thought we were under attack!

They should really warn people about this!

And too bad I couldn't find my camera! Would have been some awesome pictures!

bnme
05-29-2011, 06:40 PM
Fleet week is so cool. Did you get to see any of the ships? I am a former city girl and I have fond memoriies of watching all the sailors invade Manhattan :loveeyes:

I wonder if they had a lot more activity (all the fly overs) becasue of ithe upcoming 10th anniversary of 9/11.

rachelh
05-29-2011, 07:57 PM
Fleet week is so cool. Did you get to see any of the ships? I am a former city girl and I have fond memoriies of watching all the sailors invade Manhattan :loveeyes:

I wonder if they had a lot more activity (all the fly overs) becasue of ithe upcoming 10th anniversary of 9/11.

Nah - we don't venture out to that area of the city much. I don't have much of an interest to see the ships...the sailors...hmmm maybe :love-retry: but DH would never go for that. Next year I will have to plan a girls night out during fleet week.

I know there was an air show on Jones Beach this AM which is where they were headed I presume. They do one every year - looks like you are in LI - not too far from there.

LMPC
05-29-2011, 08:01 PM
Ahhhhh, such fond memories of fleet week. Yummy! is the word that comes to mind.

bnme
05-29-2011, 08:07 PM
I know there was an air show on Jones Beach this AM which is where they were headed I presume. They do one every year - looks like you are in LI - not too far from there.

My DH just got home from fishing on the sound, saw the planes too. So I gueess was from the air show.

Wasn't there a SATC about Fleet week?