PDA

View Full Version : Do you remember adult friends' birthdays?

Uno-Mom
05-29-2011, 01:37 PM
A recent thread about birthdays got me thinking ...

I wish I kept track of my adult friends' birthdays but I don't.:bag The only thing that ever reminds me is FB and many of my friends aren't on there. I do remember for people who were childhood friends - those brithdays get ingrained in your memory.

Anyway, I thought of this because it is kind of sad when people forget your birthday. I'd welcome tips from any of you who are gifted in this area!

AnnieW625
05-29-2011, 01:52 PM
I try to wish them a happy birthday on Facebook when I am on there. For the most part I only remember my childhood friends.

citymama
05-29-2011, 01:54 PM
I do. I have a crazy memory for dates and numbers. It's almost embarrassing to send happy bday messages to people you haven't seen in 20 years. Facebook definitely makes it easier to remember but also to wish people quickly and easily.

DietCokeLover
05-29-2011, 01:58 PM
I generally remember most of my friends' birthdays.

lhafer
05-29-2011, 02:01 PM
I put them as reminders in my phone.

kijip
05-29-2011, 02:04 PM
For the ones we are closest too and celebrate with, yes. One usually has a combined party with my husband's birthday. Several others we either go to or throw parties for. Some others we just have cake after a little dinner with them.

liz
05-29-2011, 02:25 PM
Nope. I am terrible! I even forgot today was my anniversary, until DH left a card for me this morning :bag

new_mommy25
05-29-2011, 02:28 PM
Yes, but only my BFF's. They get a phone call and if I remember in time, I send a card. They aren't close by so no get-togethers. My friends that I have made in the past few years, no, I don't even know all their birthdays (thank goodness for FB). They get a FB message. DH has had the same group of friends for 20+ years so he know all their birthdays and there is usually a big party or they all go out.

sweet_pea
05-29-2011, 03:00 PM
I use one of those "perpetual" calendars that you can use from year to year to keep track of birthdays and send my friends a short e-mail or e-card.

mommylamb
05-29-2011, 03:03 PM
Most of my adult friends are on FB, so it's a good reminder. For close friends, I keep their birthdays on my outlook calendar at work.

TwinFoxes
05-29-2011, 03:52 PM
I do. I have a crazy memory for dates and numbers. It's almost embarrassing to send happy bday messages to people you haven't seen in 20 years. Facebook definitely makes it easier to remember but also to wish people quickly and easily.

:yeahthat: But I think I'm more the exception. I don't even have to try, I just remember.

SnuggleBuggles
05-29-2011, 04:28 PM
I try and write the really imp't ones on my calendar I call or send a card.

Beth

mackmama
05-29-2011, 06:49 PM
I have some birthdays on my calendar but am pretty bad about remembering. :(

momm
05-30-2011, 08:48 AM
I remember most of them, too.

I also use this site for birthdays that I don't remember always
www.birthdayalarm.com

I highly recommend it.

You can input all the birthdays, and set it up so that it sends you a reminder email one week/ X days before the birthday. The site has never spammed me so far.

DO NOT, I repeat, DO NOT input your yahoo/ gmail/ hotmail password into it - it will send an email to all your contacts asking for their birthdays! Just input the birthdays manually.

Penny's Pappa
05-30-2011, 08:58 AM
I remember a few, but not most. Facebook remembers the rest for me, thankfully!

Melaine
05-30-2011, 09:00 AM
Only old friends like 10 years plus. Not because they are more important, but because my brain was better back then.