PDA

View Full Version : Frustrated with DH

BabbyO
05-29-2011, 04:51 PM
I guess I'm going through a mini-nesting phase right now. I guess because we have a long weekend...but it doesn't hurt that #2 is due in Sept and I'd like DS in his new room for 6-8 weeks before the baby comes...which means we have to have his room ready in 1 month...and we haven't even started.

Anyway, DH and I busted our butts yesterday and purged/reorganized the work room in the basement, made plans for some shelving to give us more storage space. We decided we need to get rid of the spare bed and desk in what will be DS' room. DH posted both on CL and the bed was gone in 4 hrs.

After that DH pulled all the stuff that has to come out of the closet to make room for DS in his new room and put it in the basement. We were up too late purging and organizing (taking advantage of the time that DS was asleep). We also did some measuring to try to figure out how to fit the cedar chest in our room

Because we went to bed late, and I kinda instigated the purge, when DS got up early this morning, I got up with him and let DH sleep for another hour or so.

All day I've been working to get things done so that we can have a fun day tomorrow. I've done dishes, put clean sheets all all the beds, 7 loads of laundry, and with every free second, I'm helping DH sort and purge.

About an hour ago, DH announced that he was exhausted and needed to rest. I started to say, "well I know we need to get as much cleaned up down here as possible,..." and he cut me off, yelling that he had to go get some rest.

IF he'd let me finish, I would have continued to say that I was going to get as much done as possible so DH isn't stressed when he goes to work on Tuesday because our basement (where all the stuff got dumped) is DH's office and clutter stresses him.

I'm just peeved. Seriously...I'm busting my butt, I'm pg, I'm healing from a sprained ankle I got a week ago (mostly ok...but I'm noticing with all the up and down the stairs I'm feeling it a little) and YOU'RE the one who's tired. And even though you are....who gave you the right to snap at me!?

Ok...I just needed to get that out. Sorry so long.

hillview
05-29-2011, 06:01 PM
Ugg that sucks. Sorry and hugs! Way to go mama! You got a lot done!!

TwinFoxes
05-29-2011, 06:49 PM
Wow. You're super nice, because I'd be a lot more than frustrated, especially when pregnant! It's the snapping after HE slept in that would have annoyed me the most.

theriviera
05-29-2011, 06:52 PM
I'm sorry, I would be annoyed too.

Something must be in the air as my DH is also complaining of being tired even though I was up with the new baby all night and he golfed this morning.

♥ms.pacman♥
05-29-2011, 06:59 PM
sorry, i would be frustrated and annoyed too.

i swear, nothing is more annoying to a pregnant woman (or a new mom that was up most of the night with a newborn) than her husband complaining that HE is tired, especially when said husband gets to sleep in.

BabbyO
05-31-2011, 11:53 AM
Thanks everyone. He redeemed himself, mostly. He couldn't sleep Sunday night (probably because he took a 2 hour nap) and got up around 5 am and continued to purge for about 2 hours before I got up.

I'm glad I vented here because it kept the peace around the house and we really had a nice weekend. We even went to the zoo yesterday and had lots of fun.