PDA

View Full Version : Anyone familiar with Freecycle? I have a question.

Carrots
05-29-2011, 06:32 PM
Hi there,
I am new o Freecycle and posted a "Want" post looking for gardening items for a community garden. I got a response, but I think it is spam. It is very general (I did not include the link to the site):

Heyy,
I have that, I ended up being planning to submit a totally free offer for it, but I noticed your desired post initially, very good timing!
I set up a several images and my personal place up on this web site _____________

Aaron

Of course I clicked on the link, but the link asks me to take a survey to view the items.... very weird and now I am wondering who has my email address. I am thinking about unsubscribing.

Anyone else have this happen to them?

Thanks

smiles33
05-29-2011, 06:39 PM
That sounds like spam. I have used Freecycle for years and never had that kind of email interaction, but I also never put up Wanted posts. I use it to purge stuff from my house or pick up stuff others offer.

rin
05-29-2011, 09:15 PM
Totally spam. I've been on Freecycle for about 6 months and have posted a LOT of offers, a couple of wanted posts, and of course the takens/ppus, etc. I've never gotten a spam email like that before, but I would (a) block their email and (b) forward the message to the moderators of the group (you can find their contact info on the yahoogroup page) and they'll remove the person from the freecycle group.

Melaine
05-29-2011, 09:16 PM
That certainly sounds like spam, how frustrating. I've never had any with freecycle! Definitely report it to the admin.

Carrots
05-29-2011, 09:24 PM
Thanks everyone!!

I just forwarded the email to the site moderator. :)

momm
05-30-2011, 08:45 AM
Thanks everyone!!

I just forwarded the email to the site moderator. :)

I would also run an anti-virus just to be sure. definitely spam, but make sure you're protected. (thatswhatshesaid)

Carrots
05-30-2011, 09:20 AM
but make sure you're protected. (thatswhatshesaid)

:rotflmao:

DrSally
05-30-2011, 10:17 PM
Spam.....