PDA

View Full Version : The Bad

ha98ed14
05-30-2011, 02:26 PM
The past 6 mos have been pretty horrific for my family. In October, a very close elderly relative was the victim of a B&E crime of Law & Order SVU proportion. Everyone scrambled to come to her aid, and resettled her in a safe place. Life returned to some level of routine. Now we are stuck with the house where it all happened. We have purged and cleaned, purged and cleaned from Oct to Feb. It went on the market in March, a few nibbles, and then... NOTHING. We so desperately need to be out from under this mortgage. It's weighing on my relative who, since October, has been paying the mortgage plus rent on the new housing into which she was resettled. hemorrhaging money. It cannot be sustained, but she will not walk away. It's psychological. We've fought, argued, strategized, reasoned, yelled. The only way my relative will walk away is if this house sells legitimately, which it could. It's had a lot of repair work done and would easily pass any inspection, but it needs some cosmetic help. There is just no more money to put into it. You don't count on all the expenses that stem from being the victim of a violent crime. It's not just the hospital bills and the atty fees. It's housing costs associated with no longer being able to live in the house where the crime took place, but not having the ability to get out either.

On top of all this weighing on my relative is the fact that her own daughter is married to a louse and 9 mos. pregnant. He's proved himself to be unreliable at best and has been of no help to his wife, so the burden of "being there" has fallen to my relative. It's been a very, very difficult pregnancy.

ETA: The reason that this is so urgent is because now my relative is talking about moving back to the house. She thinks it's what she needs to do so that if her daughter's marriage fails and her daughter is stuck with a new baby and a no good XH, her daughter has some where to go. This, despite the fact that the daughter told my relative she isn't living in that house.

If ever you had any P&PTs, MoJo, good wishes to send out way, we could really use them.

mommy111
05-30-2011, 02:35 PM
P&PTs to you and your family. So sorry to hear about this but also happy to read the 'good' post.

hillview
05-30-2011, 02:42 PM
P&PT!!
/hillary

Jo..
05-30-2011, 02:47 PM
That sounds difficult, and your family will be in my thoughts. I hope that the issues with your relatives resolve.

Now, I can't help wondering, since we've had the good and the bad....What's gonna be UGLY? :tongue5:

stefani
05-30-2011, 02:48 PM
Sending your relative P&PT... hope her house has a buyer soon.

I am glad that you are there to help her, it sounds like she has a lot on her plate.

crl
05-30-2011, 02:49 PM
Prayer for a positive resolution.

Catherine

ha98ed14
05-30-2011, 02:55 PM
Now, I can't help wondering, since we've had the good and the bad....What's gonna be UGLY? :tongue5:

Well, I'm not much to look at, but not bad enough to post about it! ;)

JoyNChrist
05-30-2011, 02:59 PM
Praying for your family.

Jo..
05-30-2011, 03:04 PM
Well, I'm not much to look at, but not bad enough to post about it! ;)

LOL.

Well I googled the UGLY and got this. I hope it makes you laugh and feel a little bit better.
http://lifeatthegreenys.files.wordpress.com/2010/12/elwoodap_450x363.jpg

ha98ed14
05-30-2011, 03:09 PM
LOL.

Well I googled the UGLY and got this. I hope it makes you laugh and feel a little bit better.

The dog me curious, so I googled it too. He's like #15 for images. I'm not even near as bad as #s 1-14! So yes, I feel MUCH better. :ROTFLMAO:

momm
05-30-2011, 03:20 PM
that's terrible. I am sorry. I hope her house sells soon

You're so good for being there for her through all this.

carolinamama
05-30-2011, 03:39 PM
P&PT for your family. What a hard place to be.

LBW
05-30-2011, 05:45 PM
Positive thoughts going your way.

Is moving back such a terrible thing? I can't imagine...but maybe she's ready?

SkyrMommy
05-30-2011, 08:16 PM
Positive thoughts for the 'good' to come to your relative. I hope there is a positive outcome.

niccig
05-30-2011, 10:46 PM
I've been out of town, so late reading this.

You've got all my P&PTs for some good to come your way for your family. You've got all of it. Mojo, Mojo, Mojo.

fumofu
05-30-2011, 11:27 PM
Positive thoughts to your family. I hope your relative finds a resolve ASAP.

Kitten007
05-31-2011, 02:02 AM
Sending P&PT for your entire family.

HannaAddict
05-31-2011, 03:51 AM
I hope you get some interest in the house. But if she is in a position where she has to go back, try and help her take back the house, take back the good things and regain some of her power. We had a friend who was in a similar situation, before the housing collapse, but she could not afford to sell or move. She explained she was a tough cookie and stayed. If she does stay, could you or other relatives help her financially or with labor (I know things are tighgt) in painting and installing a security system, etc.? I'm so sorry, what a terrible thing.

TwinFoxes
05-31-2011, 04:02 AM
Oh dear. What horrible situation. P&PT for everything to resolve in a good way.

MoJo
05-31-2011, 06:51 AM
MoJo praying for your relatives.