PDA

View Full Version : New here

navy_redhead
05-30-2011, 04:57 PM
Hi everyone! My name is Erin and this is my first time posting here. I am pregnant with my first child, (a boy, due in October), and only recently discovered that there was a Baby Bargains book too! (The Bridal Bargains was an essential for my wedding, and I have given each of my friends a copy when they have become engaged). I am 28, a 6 year Navy veteran, and I live in Los Angeles. I hope to be able to get to know all of you and be able to learn from all of your mommies out there. I can't wait to be a mom, but boy am I nervous! If they ever read the boards, a big thank you to Denise and Alan for creating your series of books! Your section on cribs in Baby Bargains has been very eye opening (and a little scary too...).

I hope you have all been having a wonderful Memorial Day weekend!

~Erin

babyonway
05-30-2011, 05:03 PM
Welcome and congratulations on your pregnancy! You will love this board and the community!

Hope you are having a great Memorial Day and thank you for your service!

DietCokeLover
05-30-2011, 05:17 PM
Welcome! I think you will find this a place with a lot of knowledge, wisdom, support and laughs.

Thanks for your service!

larig
05-30-2011, 05:21 PM
Welcome to the BBB, Erin! Like others said, this is just a great place--you'll fit right in. :waving4:

And, a wonderful memorial day to you, thanks for the work you do!

crl
05-30-2011, 05:24 PM
:wavey: welcome!

Catherine

navy_redhead
05-30-2011, 05:40 PM
Thanks everyone! I have really been enjoying going through the threads today.

hillview
05-30-2011, 05:48 PM
Welcome!! You will love it here!

Reyadawnbringer
05-30-2011, 06:27 PM
Welcome! And congrats on your pregnancy. Thank you for your service. I hope you will find the women here as awesome as I do. :)

navy_redhead
05-30-2011, 07:09 PM
Welcome! And congrats on your pregnancy. Thank you for your service. I hope you will find the women here as awesome as I do. :)

You ALL seem awesome!

SkyrMommy
05-30-2011, 07:13 PM
Another welcome, I know that I've found the mamas here amazing, and just so very generous with lots of great advice. :wavey:

Congrats on your pregnancy, such a special time, enjoy!

JMS
05-30-2011, 07:30 PM
Welcome Erin. :wavey: This is a special place and I hope you enjoy it :) Congrats on your pregnancy and thank you for your service!

LMPC
05-30-2011, 08:41 PM
Hi Erin! Welcome to the BBB!!! :wavey:

Indianamom2
05-30-2011, 09:01 PM
Welcome, Erin! :wavey:

There are lots of very thoughtful and kind mamas here and this is a great place for advice at 7 pm. when your baby has a fever or a rash or is puking for the first time and you don't know who else to call.

Congratulations on your pregnancy and THANK YOU for your service to our country.

Uno-Mom
05-31-2011, 01:38 AM
Welcome. And happy Memorial Day to you!

How fun that you've come from bridal to baby. I just discovered the series when I was ready for "baby" but I probably would have benefited HUGELY from "bridal" help about ten years ago.

I was a little thrown by your join date from 2007. I'm guessing that's from your bride days? No idea why I even glanced at the join date...

Kitten007
05-31-2011, 01:53 AM
Congratulations on your pregnancy and THANK YOU for your service to our country.

:yeahthat::yeahthat:

Welcome to the boards and super congrats mama!

MoJo
05-31-2011, 06:58 AM
Welcome! Thanks for your service, and best wishes on your pregnancy! I love October boys (I'm married to one!)

SnuggleBuggles
05-31-2011, 07:38 AM
Welcome. :)

Beth

daisymommy
05-31-2011, 08:34 AM
Welcome! :wavey:
I hope you enjoy your time here (we all do!) the BBB can be such a wonderful supportive, warm loving group to answer your questions and give support throughout all of lifes twists and turns as a mommy and a person.

We hope to see you around here more often!

tribe pride
05-31-2011, 08:49 AM
Welcome, Erin! And thank you for your service!

blue
05-31-2011, 03:13 PM
Welcome :wavey:

BelleoftheBallFlagstaff
05-31-2011, 03:15 PM
Congrats and welcome!:waving4:

navy_redhead
05-31-2011, 04:08 PM
Welcome. And happy Memorial Day to you!

How fun that you've come from bridal to baby. I just discovered the series when I was ready for "baby" but I probably would have benefited HUGELY from "bridal" help about ten years ago.

I was a little thrown by your join date from 2007. I'm guessing that's from your bride days? No idea why I even glanced at the join date...

Yeah, it must be from the bridal days. I joined back then, but was more of a lurker instead of a poster. I pretty much found everything I needed for the wedding from the Bridal Bargain Book, and just didn't have a lot of time to go online to post stuff.

amldaley
05-31-2011, 05:03 PM
Welcome, Erin!

In addition to the wholly amazing people here and boundless good information, we also have a number of military members and spouses.

Congrats on your pregnancy and I look forward to seeing you around the board!

AnnieW625
05-31-2011, 05:05 PM
Alan and Denise do read the boards occaisionally (I posted something once about giving one of their books as a gift and they responded). Welcome to the board (and thanks for your service to the country!), and you'll get a lot of good information here.