PDA

View Full Version : Long Shot: MA moms recommend your endocrinologist?

Twoboos
05-30-2011, 08:45 PM
Anyone in MA love their endo? I should see one regarding my mystery weight loss.

Central MA and Metrowest are best, but I'd go into Boston if you love love love your person.

Thanks!

tiapam
05-31-2011, 04:14 PM
Not sure if I posted this in any of your threads but I think it is a good strategy for finding a good doc:

http://www.stopthethyroidmadness.com/how-to-find-a-good-doc/

Also, if you do get diagnosed as hyperthyroid do not make any permanent decisions about treatment until you are made to feel better (as in like your old self) on anti thyroid drugs. Nobody should have to make a decision involving radioactive iodine or surgery when they are experiencing full blown symptoms. Not sure if I mentioned that before but it is very important!

For more info on RAI:

www.atomicwomen.org

I often wonder if RAI was the wisest course for me. Wish I had more info when I was deciding. A lot of the books on thyroid will just spout the standard protocol, etc. I think the patient stories you find on the web are every bit as useful.

Good luck, hope you find someone good and feel better soon. I have been there!

Twoboos
05-31-2011, 05:05 PM
Pam, I just wanted to say Thank You for all the info you have posted, here and in my other post!! I am definitely still following up with everything. You have given me a place to start.

Yay, BBB mammas!!! :cheerleader1:

tiapam
05-31-2011, 10:48 PM
You're welcome! Sometimes I wonder if anyone is really listening out there when I go on about thyroid issues. I have read a lot of patient stories in books and online and they are so frustrating and sad. I still remember when I was researching Graves Disease when I was first diagnosed and came across the story of a British man who had gone blind before he was diagnosed! That should not have happened! This is some serious sh*t when it goes unchecked.

Sometimes I feel like you and I are BBB twins as we have been through some of the same stuff around the same time and are apparently approximately the same size. :)

Twoboos
05-31-2011, 10:51 PM
Sometimes I feel like you and I are BBB twins as we have been through some of the same stuff around the same time and are apparently approximately the same size. :)

Well then you also must be incredibly good looking! :wavey: :wink2:

sidmand
06-01-2011, 04:50 PM
I'm horrible at geography so not sure if this fits, I think it would be metrowest though!

A friend just recommended this doctor:

Dr. James Goldman at Harvard Vanguard in Wellesley 781-431-5435.

She sees him for her thyroid and her mother sees him for diabetes. When I asked to get my relevant records sent to him, the receptionist at my doctor said she goes to him too!

I just had my first appointment with him. I wasn't blown away (he told me I got an A+ for diabetes care and my thyroid was fine--well, how come I feel like crap then at 40 years old?) but I didn't go in as armed as I should have. And like I said, he's gotten rave reviews from others. My friend has been seeing him for 10 years I think she said.