PDA

View Full Version : Which day would you rather go to a 4th of July party?

ourbabygirl
05-30-2011, 09:03 PM
We're planning a 4th of July party with friends and maybe family, and I'd like to pick the day and time that would most likely work the best for people (assuming they're in town for the weekend)... would you be so kind as to vote for when would work best for you and your family for such a party? Please feel free to give reasons why, too! :)
FWIW, our kids are 2.5 & 7 months, so I'm going to time it around DD's nap, which is usually around 1:30-3:30 (give or take). Our friends' kids are around the same ages, though not all of them still nap.

Thanks for your input!

lalasmama
05-30-2011, 09:13 PM
I'd go for Sunday, July 3, 4-7 p.m.

Our 4th parties are always in the evening, allowing them to go on as long as desired. However, our 4th parties also include fireworks. So really, my vote isn't much help, is it?

MomToOne
05-30-2011, 10:07 PM
I like Sunday because it's closest to the actual day - maybe that's a strange reason? Late afternoon is perfect for me as a toddler mom

SnuggleBuggles
05-30-2011, 10:44 PM
I like the Sunday evening. Fun to party on a Sunday night and not have to worry about work the next day. It's a treat. :) And you have all day Monday to recover, if it's that type of party, and still have time to get to fireworks or whatever else. I'm a big fan of extending holidays so an extra day would be great. I wouldn't do Fri. or Sat. b/c Sunday is closer to the holiday.

Beth

TwinFoxes
05-30-2011, 10:51 PM
I like the Sunday evening. Fun to party on a Sunday night and not have to worry about work the next day. It's a treat. :) And you have all day Monday to recover, if it's that type of party, and still have time to get to fireworks or whatever else. I'm a big fan of extending holidays so an extra day would be great. I wouldn't do Fri. or Sat. b/c Sunday is closer to the holiday.

Beth

Too tired to type, so I'll just :yeahthat:

fumofu
05-30-2011, 11:24 PM
Saturday 10am-1pm. DS's bedtime is 7:30pm. I can also arrange his napping schedule in the morning better so that he'll be awake during that time slot. Plus, that frees up the rest of the weekend to relax before DH goes back to the grind.

hellokitty
05-31-2011, 09:52 AM
I like Sunday because it's closest to the actual day - maybe that's a strange reason? Late afternoon is perfect for me as a toddler mom

:yeahthat: Also, there are often a lot of other festivities ON July 4, like parades, festivals, etc., so I would rather do it the day before, than the day of the holiday.