PDA

View Full Version : What age is it safe for toddler to have a quilt on their bed?

bw52
05-31-2011, 11:19 AM
I'm debating buying a PBK quilt now that I love or waiting till LO is older. She's 2 and will be moving to a big bed soon. She's never slept with anything on her, though. Actually, it's too hot for anything right now, but when is a safe age to start sleeping with sheets, quilts, etc like in a normal bed? I imagine right now it would just end up on the floor every night.

willow33
05-31-2011, 12:23 PM
DD turned 2 in April and just started using a blanket a couple months ago.

jvs195
05-31-2011, 01:20 PM
DD is 2.5Y and has had a toddler size quilt (throw size) in her crib for awhile (since she stopped liking the sleepsacks). I think a smaller blanket is fine once they can turn over, but I'm still a bit paranoid about a full bed sized quilt. You could always buy it and fold it back at night until you think she's fully ready.

star04
05-31-2011, 06:06 PM
DD is 22 months and has been using a small crib blanket for a month or two. We will be moving her to a toddler bed soon and I'm unsure if we'll use the same small blanket or the comforter that came with her bedding set...maybe just start off with the small blanket. She loves using blankets around the house and covers herself up all the time, even in bed.

ljackson
05-31-2011, 08:35 PM
DS started using a duvet when he was 18 months. I thought he would just kick it off (and had just bought him bigger sleepsacks) but he insisted and did just fine. DD was older though - maybe 2? I say try it and see if it works.