PDA

View Full Version : Inbetween sizes in Spanx, any other recommendations?

SammyeGail
05-31-2011, 11:53 AM
I bought some Spanx cami's, one helps smooth out some, is very comfortable, but doesn't help my twin tummy much. Plus that is where any extra weight goes :(. The size smaller feels very binding, I took it off as soon as I put it on. I know the larger size is a bit too big, but no way will I make it in the smaller size.

I would love a cami or other top that does not compress your bust, is on the longer side and of course helps the tummy area. The Spanx cami I have is also very breathable.

Any recommendations for other brands? I may end up buying another cami in the larger size, but would love a bit more tummy control. TIA!

SammyeGail
06-01-2011, 05:56 PM
Well, guess I'll get another cami in the bigger size, lol!

jvs195
06-01-2011, 06:42 PM
Have you tried Yummy Tummy tanks (or is it Yummie Tummie)? They are cotton on top and spandex in middle.

DrSally
06-03-2011, 12:27 AM
I used to like the Daisy Fuentes cami at Kohls, but they changed it and the spanx like layer isn't attached to the rest of the cami (just hangs there underneith), so now I don't like it. Walmart makes one. "work it" is the brand, made by maidenform. It is nude and has a v-neck. I like it b/c it smooths but is not too constricting, and is long enough to tuck in. The Flexes ones are OK, but too thick, IMO.

SammyeGail
06-03-2011, 11:01 AM
Thank so much! I looked at the Yummie Tummies and like the ones that don't smash your boobs, lol. I found a review on YouTube, a blogger, she was hilarious, kept reminding viewers to pretend the piles of clothes behind her were ironed and put away.

Tks dr Sally, I saw a lot of good reviews on amazon on the flexes, but they were less expensive and I wondered if 'you get what you pay for'.

Not that I want to pay a lot, but will do it for comfort and control!

We are moving right now, gotta go to PO and schedule them to come put a new lock on the community mailbox. Ugh, I hate this PO, it's always packed and they have one CS at the front. I have been putting it off all week!

DrSally
06-03-2011, 11:48 PM
I think the Flexees give good control, but a little too thick for me (double layer), and I like something a little longer too.

SammyeGail
06-04-2011, 08:23 AM
Me too, longer and breathable! I went to mt endo. yesterday, now I know why the way my tummy looks is bothering me so much. I have gained 18 lbs in 4 months. Gotta get my thyroid levels checked ASAP! And deflate this Budda belly, lol!