PDA

View Full Version : PBK Anywhere Chair

BabyBearsMom
05-31-2011, 12:00 PM
Does anyone have the PBK Anywhere Chair? Is it worth the cost? We tried one out in the store and DD LOVED it. Dh is completely sold and wants to buy her one now (I am in favor of waiting for Christmas). How does it compare to the chair from Land of Nod? Silly question, I know, but do they ever go on sale? Anything else I should know about it?

When we tried the chair in the store, DD picked up a book from the show table, walked over to the chair and climbed right in. It was adorable and looked perfect for her...I'm just not sure I can stomach a $100 chair. I ldid like the size and how low it is to the ground, plus you can take the cover off for washing or replace it easily. But I just don't know.

♥ms.pacman♥
05-31-2011, 12:09 PM
i have two of the MyFirst Anywhere Chairs, one for each DC. i love them, and DS liked being in it since he was 2 mos old (no joke..he hated lying down).

The first i used a GC to buy, the second one i got on sale a couple months ago (i found out about the sale through the Bargains section here). There was a sale on all Anywhere chairs plus there was free personalization (normally an additional $6.50). Also i was able to get an adttional 10% off using the registry completion discount.

emily
05-31-2011, 12:51 PM
We bought one for DD when she was 1 but I'm on the fence about getting one for DS. It's the perfect size for them but our issue is that DD likes to stand on it or lean back on it and the chair flips backwards if it's not against a wall.

TwinFoxes
05-31-2011, 01:05 PM
My DDs love them. They got them for their second birthday. I don't think the inserts ever go on sale, but various covers will if they're discontinued.

jvs195
05-31-2011, 01:23 PM
I bought one for DS 5 years ago (actually got the insert on ebay and a PBK cover) and it's the favored chair for both kids (DS is 6 and DD is 2.5) The cover has held up well through washings and some rough housing. (yes they love to flip it over and sit upside down etc...) I think the PBK (and probably the Land of Nod) are sturdier than cheaper brands I've seen. I feel like at 5+ years I've gotten my $ worth.

kristac
05-31-2011, 03:12 PM
Check craigslist. I got mine for less then $20. All my kiddos do love it.

LMPC
05-31-2011, 03:17 PM
I bought mine (um, DD's) as a floor model for about $75, and I have seen them at the outlets for around $50. I think they are worth it. DD loves to sit and "read" in hers...or turn it upside down and ride it like a horse. I have a feeling, she will use it for a while. So comfy!

jennilynn
05-31-2011, 03:20 PM
I also found one on Craigslist by posting a "wanted" ad. It gets used almost daily by DS1 (from 1 y/o to now 2 1/2) and now the baby (10 mo.) is starting to climb into it. Totally worth it.

Schmitty21
06-02-2011, 02:44 PM
I only learned about these chairs recently when someone posted them being on sale. I bought one in March when they were on sale, and plan to give it to DS for his 1st birthday in August. We have not used it yet, but I was sold on the rave reviews from countless parents.

There is a "68" trick you can use when purchasing online, possibly even without the sale. You look up the item, write down the item number you want, then close your browser altogether. Open it back up, and search for your item by typing in the item number, but use 68 as the first 2 digits, instead of the normal digits.

If you search for "anywhere chairs" in the Discounts/Deals forum, you'll probably find it. There was a long thread in Feb/March of 2011.

Good luck!

abh5e8
06-12-2011, 10:42 PM
we have two and the dc LOVE them. the sit, read, jump, play, make them into trains and tents and on and on and on. :)

BabyBearsMom
06-13-2011, 02:34 PM
There is a "68" trick you can use when purchasing online, possibly even without the sale. You look up the item, write down the item number you want, then close your browser altogether. Open it back up, and search for your item by typing in the item number, but use 68 as the first 2 digits, instead of the normal digits.

Woah! You are seriously blowing my mind today. :bowdown: It didn't work on the regular chair but it reduced the price of the oversized chair to $89 from $129...I might get the oversized now considering that it is $10 cheaper than the regular. Seriously, mind is blown.

Kaylee31
06-13-2011, 02:52 PM
Yeah, the "68" trick is pretty cool. Doesn't work on all colors though. I was able to combine it w/a 10% off registry discount. I bought a oversized chair w/personalization for DS a few months ago, for under $100 shipped. We love it! DH & I can even sit in it comfortably. :) I see it lasting for many years.

Kymberley
06-13-2011, 03:24 PM
We got R2D2 one around Christmas time and it was $75 with his name embroidered on it. The geek in me loves R2, and DS is just over the moon for his very own chair. He'll be 2 next month, and it has been used every single day since Christmas.

smiles33
06-13-2011, 04:26 PM
FWIW, I was leaning toward the PBK chair as DD2 loved the kid-sized armchairs at DD1's preschool, but then I found a 40% sale last Christmas and bought P'kolino's little reader sofa, which fits BOTH girls. They love sitting on it to read books or unfolding it and lying down. I paid less than $50 and they use it almost every day!

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/31VzFEVji6L._SL500_AA300_.jpg
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/413w1XZlEFL._AA300_.jpg