PDA

View Full Version : Why won't she listen to me?!!

amberose
06-01-2011, 12:23 AM
So my cousin's daughter is almost 6 months old. She is also my god daughter, so I feel super protective over her. Every time I see her, the straps of her Graco Snugride are very loose and her chest clip is basically touching the crotch buckle. I tell her EVERY TIME that her straps need to be tighter and that the chest clip needs to be at her armpit level. I always show her how to do it and she just says "yeah I know." Well if you know then how come you NEVER do it right?!?!!! I don't understand why it is SOO hard!!! :mad:

I am also the one who installed the base in her car (and showed her how to do it and how tight it needed to be) and when I went to put the baby in the car the other day, I noticed that the base was super loose and was pretty much moving all over the back seat. I asked what happened and she said she had to take it out so people could sit in the back the other day and thats as tight as she could get it. I just don't understand what else I can do to make her get it?! I of course fixed the base and told her never to move it again. UGH I am just beyond frustrated!!!!! :banghead::angry-smiley-005:

Sorry this is so long, I REALLY needed to vent. :cry:

crl
06-01-2011, 12:25 AM
Car seat issues are so frustrating! Do you think shed watch a video or two? I am sure the car seat techs in the car seat forum could suggest a link or two for you. Maybe a visual of the horrible possibilities would sway her?

Catherine

amberose
06-01-2011, 12:45 AM
I've posted tons of videos on my FB that she has seen but she still doesn't do it right.

Uno-Mom
06-01-2011, 12:45 AM
Oh that's awful. I hope this is her one blind spot and she's otherwise a cautious parent...

crl
06-01-2011, 01:08 AM
I've posted tons of videos on my FB that she has seen but she still doesn't do it right.

Sorry. I think you have done all you can then.

Catherine